Sponsored

How do you Identify Pins and Connectors

evoslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 XL RCSB 5.0
I'd like to build some simple harnesses and add features onto my truck that didn't come from the factory.

How do you figure out which pins go in each connector. I have the service manual info and they show the ford parts but i'd like to buy the pins in bulk from Mouser or similar. Is there a way to cross reference them?

Also how do you figure out the male and female connector types? Again looking to buy them outside of a ford dealer.
Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
There's pin part numbers on the wiring diagram thingy. From there one can extrapolate compatible pins with much hair pulling. The amount of pin types ford has in these trucks is just stupid. Then of course not every connector has pin part numbers. There's also other variables where 1 pin can have 3 different part numbers because the size of the wire it's going to has a range. One pin can have a 12ga wire behind it or a 22ga wire, and the various sizes between them yield different part numbers as there's more metal in the pins for larger diameter wires.

Once someone does discover the actual pin and where to source it, people often don't share it. It'd be nice if they did but some like to sell their own custom made harnesses and since it's cheap to DIY, they don't want to give out that info.