Hood Flex / Flutter at Highway Speeds?

SportySpace

Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport 3.5
Has anyone else noticed their hood flexing and fluttering at highway speeds? The truck I upgraded from, a 2013 Platinum, did not have this issue at all. I know older models had adjustable rubber bump stops for the hood so I assume 2021's have the same. That'll be the first place I start my trouble shooting.

Absolutely love the truck otherwise!! Just wondering if anybody else has had the same experience.

Advertisement

JCU Delt Ox

Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I haven't noticed it yet in my '21, but it's pretty obvious on the '17-21 Super Duty. Ford said don't worry about it. It never actually caused any problems in the four years I had the truck.

OP
SportySpace

SportySpace

Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport 3.5
Thanks guys. Good to hear it's not a major concern. I've given the hood a good slam to make sure it's indeed closed so hopefully adjusting the bump stops does the trick. Just a little nerve wracking rolling down the highway and watching your hood do a little dance.

Fisher24

Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Thanks guys. Good to hear it's not a major concern. I've given the hood a good slam to make sure it's indeed closed so hopefully adjusting the bump stops does the trick. Just a little nerve wracking rolling down the highway and watching your hood do a little dance.
Adjust bump stops under hood. Quick fix

Bogeypro

First Name
Preston
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT
Has anyone else noticed their hood flexing and fluttering at highway speeds? The truck I upgraded from, a 2013 Platinum, did not have this issue at all. I know older models had adjustable rubber bump stops for the hood so I assume 2021's have the same. That'll be the first place I start my trouble shooting.

Absolutely love the truck otherwise!! Just wondering if anybody else has had the same experience.
No flutter here. Mine is leveled.

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Yep Meiser Brother had that issue and adjusted. Problem solved.
In one of their video. Backroad driver.
Lot of good vids on Sams 2021 F150., supercharged wolf, mustang GT 350 GT, 500
#4 at 11 mins into this vid.

Advertisement

Advertisement