Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Systems Engineering Management
All -

Under Settings --> Vehicle --> Lighting, I didn't see any menu item for automatic brights...how can I disable automatic brights?
Sponsored

OP
OP
4dRunningMan

4dRunningMan

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
That's the video I watched - I don't have the Auto High Beam menu option. I only have
  1. Glare-Free Lighting
  2. Welcome Lighting
  3. Autolamp Delay
  4. Zone Lighting

OP
OP
4dRunningMan

4dRunningMan

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Choose glare free then, that’s the latest and greatest from what I hear
Ok, that worked! I didn't associate this with high beams. Interesting about it indicating it shapes itself around other cars so it doesn't blind them. That's neat.

Sponsored

SWFLGuy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
I’m sure it is, I did switch my AC controls to the digital ones with forscan. And it still works!
I’ll have to build up the balls to go at it again.

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
The auto dimming headlights is one of the features I like the most about my 2022 truck. I live in a rural area and with the low beams the forward visibility is reduced by more than half which means if there is anything in the road ahead I will have half as much time to start applying the brakes.

The auto dimming reacts to switch to low beam in a fraction of the time I could do it with using the stalk on the steering column.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Choose glare free then, that’s the latest and greatest from what I hear
yes GLARE free are the cats meow, bees knees and tender BBQ brisket of headlights for our trucks
i was sold last spring driving at 2am every day to deliver grand child to work...they make such a huge difference on dark 2 lane highways

Sponsored

OP
OP
4dRunningMan

4dRunningMan

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
OK, now I want to turn it back on to see how they work. My wife’s automatic brights in her car drive me crazy! They disengage because of reflectors off street signs. Then I can’t reengage them unless I turn off the auto.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
OK, now I want to turn it back on to see how they work. My wife’s automatic brights in her car drive me crazy! They disengage because of reflectors off street signs. Then I can’t reengage them unless I turn off the auto.
glare free remain in HIGH almost all the time
but low speed,,,iirc 25 or less they stay on low. and street lights will cause them to shift to low beam
street signs on dark roads will be BRIGHT
and the side areas will be illuminated, but it will turn off or low pwr (lack of good word) the area that hits oncoming drivers face

do a search on the forum, we have a long thread about them from earlier this year....lots to unpack and digest
i am no expert, just really really like them for night time driving.. not perfect but darn close imo

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation

Walter Townsend

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Off Road Fishing Edition 5.0
Occupation
Owner Operator Starlight Tool Services Ltd Millwright/Welder/Machinist/Electronics tech
All -

Under Settings --> Vehicle --> Lighting, I didn't see any menu item for automatic brights...how can I disable automatic brights?
Auto headlights are controlled by the light switch which is by your left knee: Off, Park lights, Headlights, then Auto headlights.

I used Forscan to enable anti glare lighting and I really like the way the lights work. Much better than having to flick the lever on the steering column as you approach an oncoming vehicle, then debate if it is worth turning them back to high as there is another vehicle in the distance, just far enough away that you need the high beams, but not close enough that you will blind them, but 3,2,1 ok high beams off again.
Sponsored