First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 power boost
Occupation
Home builder
Yes. I’m experiencing the same to the point that I was worried there was something wrong with the transmission. It’s fine of course, but same as you, noticed it doesn’t go into second gear in eco or normal under light / normal acceleration. It sometimes does under heavy acceleration in those modes and other scenarios and drive modes.
Same here my truck was shifting that way the day it arrived at dealer
I was so exited that drove it home ,I took the truck at 1500 miles to dealer - they felt the same as we all are saying here - they said reprogrammed the transmission and gave me the truck back .I think it appear to shift ok more normal for a few days but started to skip second and jerk when it lands on 3rd gear . I drive my truck to get best mileage per gallon possible so I do not have a heavy foot .
I will said it skips about 60 percent of the time on a slow take off from stop. I refuse to accept that this is normal ,even passengers ask me why my truck jerks like that .
I just took the truck back to another dealership and the tech found the same issue ,he performed the same repair or procedure (reprogrammed or erased the transmission history) they called me told the same to drive it for 1500 miles so the system relearns
The truck was jumping second gear before I left the dealership .
I’m very concerned that this issue will not resolve itself . I have no other issues I’m getting 26 miles per gallon . But if this does not get resolved I can’t keep this truck
Sponsored

mshipway

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
09 F150, '17 F150 '19 F150 ;21 F150
Occupation
Engineer
My 2019 shifts rough 1-3 has since nearly day 1.

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired
Anyone else notice a hard shift from 1 to 3 (when skipping 2) under normal driving conditions and light acceleration? Mine is clunky. I believe skipping 2 is expected in eco and normal modes, but I haven’t verified this. I mean, I baby this truck as far as the throttle, and I expect it to be much smoother there.

PowerBoost 4x4 driving in 2WD for reference.
I have noticed this too. in normal mode it often skips second and seems to jerk . it only happens when starting from a complete stop. How did yo explain this to your dealer and how did the fix it ?

dworley21

First Name
David Worley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
software engineer
I have noticed this too. in normal mode it often skips second and seems to jerk . it only happens when starting from a complete stop. How did yo explain this to your dealer and how did the fix it ?
I had this issue from day one on my Powerboost. I took it to the Ford dealership and they updated the PCM and TCM with the latest software. It fixed the hard 1-3 shift and reduced the electric to gas clunk that I was also experiencing. 3000+ miles since the update and it still shifts great. Those updates seemed to really refine the entire power train. It idles smoother and seems to allow electric mode at higher speeds. In my opinion, the updates are a must.

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I had this issue from day one on my Powerboost. I took it to the Ford dealership and they updated the PCM and TCM with the latest software. It fixed the hard 1-3 shift and reduced the electric to gas clunk that I was also experiencing. 3000+ miles since the update and it still shifts great. Those updates seemed to really refine the entire power train. It idles smoother and seems to allow electric mode at higher speeds. In my opinion, the updates are a must.

Sponsored

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Would you be willing to post a copy of the Ford repair order so I can show my dealer ? They are now familiar with how to fi. It. Thanks for. The help

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
would you be willing to email me or post a copy of the ford service order so I can show my dealer how to fix this issue ? The seem clueless to help me.

CardsFan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SuperCrew
I agree. If you can post the service order, that would be great.

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
would you be willing to email me or post a copy of the ford service order so I can show my dealer how to fix this issue ? The seem clueless to help me.
Sorry to bother you again but would you be willing to upload it or email me a copy of that service order so we can let our dealer know about it

dworley21

First Name
David Worley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
software engineer
Sorry to bother you again but would you be willing to upload it or email me a copy of that service order so we can let our dealer know about it
Absolutely, sorry for the delay. The reply notification emails where in my junk folder for some reason. The work order is attached. It has some other stuff listed as well.

Ford F-150 Hard Shift 1 to 3 PXL_20210716_170049439~3

Ford F-150 Hard Shift 1 to 3 PXL_20210716_170100310~4

Sponsored

satchamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 STX
5.0 here - I have the same hard shift in normal mode. BUT I noticed in eco mode it shifts much smoother and hits all the gears vs skipping 2 in normal or sport.

still want it addressed but curious if anyone else has noticed this same thing?

Ritchie457

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Anyone else notice a hard shift from 1 to 3 (when skipping 2) under normal driving conditions and light acceleration? Mine is clunky. I believe skipping 2 is expected in eco and normal modes, but I haven’t verified this. I mean, I baby this truck as far as the throttle, and I expect it to be much smoother there.

PowerBoost 4x4 driving in 2WD for reference.
yes, that's the why my 2.7L 2WD acts in normal mode. It can be annoying at times.

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Absolutely, sorry for the delay. The reply notification emails where in my junk folder for some reason. The work order is attached. It has some other stuff listed as well.

PXL_20210716_170049439~3.jpg

PXL_20210716_170100310~4.jpg
thank you so much ! approximately how many miles have you driven since the service ? Did this fix the problem ?

dworley21

First Name
David Worley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
software engineer
thank you so much ! approximately how many miles have you driven since the service ? Did this fix the problem ?
It had about 6000 on it when they did the service. It has 10,479 on it now. I have no complaints on the transmission since the update. I absolutely love the truck now.

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
It had about 6000 on it when they did the service. It has 10,479 on it now. I have no complaints on the transmission since the update. I absolutely love the truck now.
good new .... thank you so much for your reply.
by the way does it skip 2nd after the repair or go 1,2,3 gear now it has been fixed
Sponsored