Sponsored

Any hard roll-up tonneau NOT made by Realtruck?

OP
OP
hitchhiker

hitchhiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150, 1965 F-100
Occupation
Software Engineer
If you need a cover, let me know. We sell the RealTruck brands (and we're a preferred dealer for some of them) but we also sell covers they DON'T own.
I ended up going for an easy to remove folding cover instead, and got the Lomax carbon fiber. Love it so far. I just am not a fan of the “buy up all the competition” business strategy. They have every right to do so of course, not everyone has to like it. 😁
Sponsored

BUDXR7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT 302A PB SCREW 4X4
I ended up going for an easy to remove folding cover instead, and got the Lomax carbon fiber. Love it so far. I just am not a fan of the “buy up all the competition” business strategy. They have every right to do so of course, not everyone has to like it. 😁
In the United States anti-trust law dictates they do not have the right to do so;

“Courts look at the firm's market share, but typically do not find monopoly power if the firm (or a group of firms acting in concert) has less than 50 percent of the sales of a particular product or service within a certain geographic area.”

If we were to run a poll on here I bet you would find Reatruck brands account for far greater than 50% of sales. They are a monopoly. They have the ability to set the market price on covers. Realtruck, if they desired, could eliminate theyre competition by temporarily driving the pricing into loss territory. Once accomplished they can set the price wherever they want (and maybe even buy up the “failed” brands). If I had a dime for every time I saw somebody complain about $1200 for three aluminum panels and some rubber gasket…. They’re no different than Apple and it’s iPhone, which is also clearly a monopoly being ignored by the FTC. There is a reason Apple is one of the most valuable, if not THE most valuable, companies in the world. Because being able to sell an IPhone for $1200 SHOULD be illegal. They cost not even a small fraction of that to make, market and sell. But hey, when your collecting data for friends in high places, you can skirt long standing laws.

Anyhow, I’m toiling with this decision still. Are you still happy with your Lomax? Has it froze up on you?