Sponsored

Google Maps not loading consistently..

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
Is anybody on here experiencing this issue or similar? It’s happening to me every other time i connect my phone and is starting to heavily piss me off. I’m hoping there are some actual resolutions out there.. TIA

Ford F-150 Google Maps not loading consistently.. IMG_4280
Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Try another phone with your truck and try another truck with your phone. See if the problem moves or stays.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Is anybody on here experiencing this issue or similar? It’s happening to me every other time i connect my phone and is starting to heavily piss me off. I’m hoping there are some actual resolutions out there.. TIA

IMG_4280.jpeg
I am having exactly the same problem with an iPhone 8. In addition, when Google Maps finally does load, usually after a soft reboot of the head unit, it no longer projects turn information to the cluster when navigating. Both the native OEM system and Apple Maps load and project to the cluster normally. Only Google Maps is problematic.

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2021 Powerboost XLT 302A 360 Camera 7.2KW
Occupation
Retired
I have the same problem with Waze on android auto. I normally click to change screen and go back to Waze and the map is back

bcb97

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2020 Expedition
Google maps hasn't acted right since I received the 6.5.0 OTA update. It continued after the 6.8.0 update as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
fordhouston

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Try another phone with your truck and try another truck with your phone. See if the problem moves or stays.
My other vehicle consistently loads Google Maps. I can for sure say that it is not the phone’s fault.

OP
OP
fordhouston

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am having exactly the same problem with an iPhone 8. In addition, when Google Maps finally does load, usually after a soft reboot of the head unit, it no longer projects turn information to the cluster when navigating. Both the native OEM system and Apple Maps load and project to the cluster normally. Only Google Maps is problematic.
Google Maps doesn’t project into the gauge cluster screen. Some may have been misunderstood by that just an FYI.

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
Sync has gotten worse for me ever since the 6.x.x firmware has rolled out. This issue can usually be corrected by switching to another screen and back. My screen locks up more often now. The dumb ambient lighting is always enabled each time I start the truck.

I should probably factory reset my head unit again to see if things start working better. I'm not sure what all these updates have done to make Sync 4 "better".

Maybe they should have stuck with MyFordTouch lol.

Ed21

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Xlt SCREW
Occupation
Retired
Mine worked prefect since 5/21 until last week. It froze up midway through my travels and I couldn’t even exit it. The whole screen was froze up like I took a screenshot. Obviously caused by one of the last so called updates.

Sponsored

Ed21

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Xlt SCREW
Occupation
Retired
I rather deal with resetting my radios tone controls than a non functional GPS.

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
Sync has gotten worse for me ever since the 6.x.x firmware has rolled out.

same here. lately it only opens half a page and a blank map.
my fix is I turn off carplay, probably the real goal of the Ford IT team anyway.

only started this after the last few updates.

unless I am on a long trip I quit using carplay. seems the majority of my boot up/sync troubles relate to it.

JoeRedFly

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB
Occupation
Working
Mine fails to project often in the truck and the wife's subaru with corded AA. I think it is an Android issue. Simple fix for me is just to change views away from maps or waze and then back again, it usually loads.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
I get a mixed bag of the blank screen or the half used screen version of Gmaps. Usually a quick force close on the iPhone solves the problem.

I use Gmaps exclusively and have never seen it in the cluster, would be nice if it did though!

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Well, I came here to see if others are experiencing a blank/black google maps and found a workaround. My workaround when maps comes up blank is to switch screens (such as over to ford nav) and back. Had worked 100% of the time. Just the past few days now the workaround doesn't work. I am guessing a recent OTA changed things.

I tried several things, the only 2 that worked are either Sync hard reset (hold power and next track) or end android auto and rejoin (lots of touches required, not ideal in traffic).

Anyone figure out a new simple workaround share here!
Sponsored