First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
I agree with you 100%. I have an expensive Kinetic rope and soft shackles in my wife's Expedition that I bought off Amazon. My wife bought Matt's Offroad Kit as she knows I watch his YouTube channel. I do feel that Matt's Off-Road (Yankum) Ropes are a little better than the one I got from Amazon.
That's what I was trying to get across. I know the yankums are a higher quality, but to use it maybe once a year probably once every 2 or 3 years, a cheap one will do just fine.

At least for my scenario I'd only use it to pull someone out of snow, once they are out, I'm done. If the rope I bought lasts for 10 recoveries it'll be more than I probably need.
Sponsored

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
I’m talking about the trailer hitch ball. Because it drops down slightly the force is pulling it at an angle and can shear. The video I’m talking about is a guy recovering a truck from the mud with the strap tied to the ball on a drop hitch. The drop hitch sheared and shot back through the windshield killing the driver.

The tow rope was used incorrectly and it was attached to a towing ball. In that particular case, they used a regular strap as a kinetic strap. You are not supposed to do that. A regular strap is perfectly fine for most people but you should not use a regular tow ball with one especially one that has height adjustment.

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
The most important thing I can say is make sure you get a good receiver shackle setup! Do not use a hitch and wrap the rope around it. Bad things can happen. I have a shackle setup and then got a rhino kinetic strap. Works quite well.

Bobbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport, SC, Iconic Silver, 2.7
Occupation
Retired
Jayco makes a great strap.
Sponsored