Global Windows for '23?

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
im glad it worked out for you old bear! you made me get home and retry it but i had no luck. i really dont know if im doing it wrong or what. im gonna attach some pictures and maybe you guys can catch something that im not seeing.

image0 (2).jpeg

image0 (3).jpeg

image0 (4).jpeg

image0 (5).jpeg

image0 (6).jpeg

image0.jpeg
Hey @Livnitup @antho and @tonesto7 any idea why John917's global windows don't work? It appeared to me that the FORScan changes were in line with the spreadsheet.

Livnitup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I appreciate your time and help either way dolsen.
John, all your values look fine so if it were me I would try resetting DDM/PDM in FORScan wrench icon and then turn both of the Sync toggle buttons for global windows to off and then on again and try it. I've verified none of the addresses have changed in the 2023 for this mod. Make sure you press unlock button on fob, release it and then press and hold it for a few seconds to roll down windows and vice versa with lock button to roll up.

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
@JOHN917
Just saw this. Asbuilt changes look good. The Global Open/Close command originates from the BCM and goes to the GWM. The GWM sends the signal to the DDM and PDM. So there isnt too much involved with the communication. Just need to verify that you are doing the key presses properly.

JOHN917

First Name
jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 5.0 F-150 RCSB
John, all your values look fine so if it were me I would try resetting DDM/PDM in FORScan wrench icon and then turn both of the Sync toggle buttons for global windows to off and then on again and try it. I've verified none of the addresses have changed in the 2023 for this mod. Make sure you press unlock button on fob, release it and then press and hold it for a few seconds to roll down windows and vice versa with lock button to roll up.
I just got home from work and tried all of this with no luck. every other change that I've done in FORScan seems to work but this one. I press the buttons exactly like you say and how YouTube videos show but they never go down. I've gone so far as holding the button down for a full minute and still nothing. i really do appreciate everyone's help on this one.

Sponsored

doug56wshs

First Name
Doug Hartman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1987 Ford Ranger, 2023 F150
Occupation
Pastor
Does this work with XL trucks that have the actual key?

doug56wshs

First Name
Doug Hartman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1987 Ford Ranger, 2023 F150
Occupation
Pastor
I got it working on my '21 Xl with the regular key in the fob.
Did you have to do anything special or all just forscan?

Static

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 - 2021 XL 4x4 Supercab
Did you have to do anything special or all just forscan?
It was a while ago, but pretty sure I just used forscan and did all the entries from the spreadsheet first page on global windows from the forscan thread.

db5304

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1FTEX1EP5NKE85454
Occupation
IT
Just figured I would throw a note about my experience out there. I tried to set just the sync screen option and enable them via the settings, but this did not enable the global windows. I read somewhere that it would. I had to enable all settings to get this to work on my 2022 502A.

I can also say that 740-06-02 is specifically for the Driver Side Window global up, as I missed this at first, and the windows went down at first, and then my passenger went up, but driver did not until I changed this one. This is probably all known but in case someone tries the same I did.

Sponsored

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
I just got home from work and tried all of this with no luck. every other change that I've done in FORScan seems to work but this one. I press the buttons exactly like you say and how YouTube videos show but they never go down. I've gone so far as holding the button down for a full minute and still nothing. i really do appreciate everyone's help on this one.
Edit, I figured this out. You need to reset your windows/door module. Apparently on 21+ truck's you have to hold the window buttons UP for exactly two seconds to reset it. So I held them up for two seconds, two seconds off, for three of four times. Then did the old calibration, windows down, hold for two, up, hold for two, down, hold for two, up, hold for two, for a few times and everything works now.

Last edited:

jhelrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 CC Platinum FX4 5.0 4X4 3.73 LB
I was having the same issue. Did the window relearn and found the settings in SYNC due to the poster above. Everything works! This forum is awesome!

Walter Townsend

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Off Road Fishing Edition 5.0
Occupation
Owner Operator Starlight Tool Services Ltd Millwright/Welder/Machinist/Electronics tech
Had global windows year ago in my 2007 Honda Ridgeline, it was a really nice feature.
When I got Forskin, global windows was one of the changes that I wanted to make on the F-150.

Supposedly the Global Windows allows you to open all the windows and the moonroof if equipped as well, but I have been only able to get the front drivers and passengers windows to open and close.

Over a few sessions with Forscan in the easy mode, I enabled anything I could find that said global windows.

Did the windows up two seconds, windows down two seconds, repeat a few times relearn, then was checking in the Sync4 menu and found the global windows listed and were in the off position so set them for "on" for both open and close.

Tested with the remote and after a few tries, global was working, front windows only.

Maybe I missed a few more modules in Forscan that need to be on to get the other windows global, but at least have the two front windows.

AHenry014

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302A
Had global windows year ago in my 2007 Honda Ridgeline, it was a really nice feature.
When I got Forskin, global windows was one of the changes that I wanted to make on the F-150.

Supposedly the Global Windows allows you to open all the windows and the moonroof if equipped as well, but I have been only able to get the front drivers and passengers windows to open and close.

Over a few sessions with Forscan in the easy mode, I enabled anything I could find that said global windows.

Did the windows up two seconds, windows down two seconds, repeat a few times relearn, then was checking in the Sync4 menu and found the global windows listed and were in the off position so set them for "on" for both open and close.

Tested with the remote and after a few tries, global was working, front windows only.

Maybe I missed a few more modules in Forscan that need to be on to get the other windows global, but at least have the two front windows.
its only the front two in my '22 as well. A friend of mine with a '16 turned his on years ago and its only his two front windows as well. I didnt notice a menu change, but perhaps I havent noticed it yet. EDIT: confirmed no added option for this feature in my options menu.
Sponsored

Last edited: