Gauge Cluster Re-Boot

Chease44

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat - Star White 3.5 Eco 157” WB
While driving home from work last night as I turned a corner my gauge cluster when completely black and shut off for approximately 5 seconds. It slowly started coming back on, first the gear indicator and then the start-up animation, then everything was back. Has anybody had this happen before? The engine never stalled and all the driving functions seemed to be fine. I immediately got 3 alerts on ford pass: anti-lock brake fault, tire pressure monitoring fault, and restraints indicator lamp warning. I am scheduled for my first oil change today anyways so I will ask at the dealer but I'm pretty sure I will get the "We haven't seen that before". My truck is a September 15th build 502A Lariat with 6,000 km on it.
Sponsored

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 4x4, Lariat 501A pk. 5.0 V-8, Max Tow.
Yes, that happened to me three weeks ago. I started the motor after refueling, and both displays were blank. Turned the motor off and restarted. Drivers cluster came back on. Pulled away from the station, and turned the motor off. Waited five minutes then restarted, everything came back on. No notifications on displays or Ford pass. Stoped by the dealers service department , they said hard to diagnose unless it is doing it at the time of service.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
A lot of people have been having issues with the center stack multimedia screen but this is the first time I have seen problems with the driver's gauge cluster productivity screen other than the obnoxious Myview bullshit which many including myself have been having to put up with.

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 4x4, Lariat 501A pk. 5.0 V-8, Max Tow.
Bought the truck in March, I have always kept the center stack screen on the night time setting [blue screen]. It has always stayed like this until all this happened. Now it has changed beck to the white back ground screen about 4 times. Lately it has been okay. I have not gotten any updates that I know of.

Sponsored

Bandito

First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited PowerBoost
I don’t know if the gauge cluster is tied to the center screen or not, but you can force Sync to restart by pressing the radio power button and the tune up |>> button at the same time and holding them until the system restarts. This could potentially clear up any remaining gremlins.

people-call-me-chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lariat SCrew 4x4 short bed
Did you ever get this resolved? My 21 lariat is doing this exact same thing. I’mtaking into the dealership in a few weeks.
Cant fathom a vehicle doing this for as much as I paid for it.

mvanhorn

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor
Did you ever get this resolved? My 21 lariat is doing this exact same thing. I’mtaking into the dealership in a few weeks.
Cant fathom a vehicle doing this for as much as I paid for it.
Mine 2022 F159 Tremor is doing the same thing with4300 miles on it. Of course my dealership is almost a month out for them to look at it. It’s not even safe to drive. Did they figure out what was wrong with yours?

people-call-me-chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lariat SCrew 4x4 short bed
i think it was on another thread (I’m on my phone so hard to look it up) but it ended up being an issue if someone called me and their contact in my iPhone had an emoji, it would crash. Others reported the same issue and it goes away if you take the emoji out of the person’s contact. For me it was my wife with a heart emoji. :LOL: I took the heartout and it hasnt come back. Now, where’s the facepalm emoji.