Customizable Gauge Cluster?

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
I know this has been discussed to death on here, but with the new Mustang receiving a customizable gauge cluster, is there any hope of it coming to our trucks? As of 2023, GM and Ram trucks will both have digital gauge clusters, and both look a lot nicer than ours (to my eyes).

Car and Driver: 2024 Ford Mustang Has a Fox-Body Gauge Cluster Mode.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a41251809/2024-ford-mustang-fox-body-gauge-cluster/
Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Idk about the F150’s, but that’s pretty neat

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
I mean, it’s theoretically possible, but it feels like a feature Ford might reserve for a model year update or specific trims if it ever came out.

That said, there ARE a few things I’d like to change about the existing digital dash. I’d love to have a few different speedometer options without changing drive modes. I don’t love the normal drive mode speedometer’s tiny analog tick marks. I’d love if they gave an option to enable temps under the gauges without Forscan. I’d love the option to have a voltmeter replace one of the customizable gauges when the ignition is off. I’d also love to be able to display fuel gallons used, which is an option I’ve had on other Fords, yet seems oddly missing (unless I just haven’t found it).

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
oil temp, oil pressure, like i had on the super duty 2021 model

OP
OP
thebigdu

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
I mean, it’s theoretically possible, but it feels like a feature Ford might reserve for a model year update or specific trims if it ever came out.

That said, there ARE a few things I’d like to change about the existing digital dash. I’d love to have a few different speedometer options without changing drive modes. I don’t love the normal drive mode speedometer’s tiny analog tick marks. I’d love if they gave an option to enable temps under the gauges without Forscan. I’d love the option to have a voltmeter replace one of the customizable gauges when the ignition is off. I’d also love to be able to display fuel gallons used, which is an option I’ve had on other Fords, yet seems oddly missing (unless I just haven’t found it).
Exactly. They give us this "Customize Gauges" option as if selecting it will lead us to a vast array of customizability. Instead, we get to choose between two auxiliary gauges and whether each appears on the left or right. WOW.... Thanks Ford.

Sponsored

Hirbs67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 platinum 5.0 Blackout
Yea, my 2020 Ram had way more customization, even the radio looks could be changed. I've got a 2023 Platinum and I hate the stupid digital tach and not being able to customize gauges.

9663mu

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iconic F150
100% agree , love the digital cluster but not a huge fan of the F150 . I especially find the RPM gauge Annoying.
I actually love the new GM one.
Sponsored