Sponsored

Fresh OTA brings new problem (maybe?)

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
Hi all, long time no talk.

Love the truck, its been trouble free, other than a low battery and needing a charge, lots more than I'm used to. Never left me sitting, just a warning on Ford Pass, that remote features were disabled, with the rec the drive it.

Since I don't drive much, or most often, very far, I accepted it.

Just got what is, as far as I know, the first OTA update and the next day, started getting "Charging System Service Soon" alert.

Nosed around on here. Found lots of posts but not much to fix it.

I checked the voltage, said 12.6. Its on the charger now.

2023, 501a, PB. 3965 miles.
Update says, Ford Power_Up.
Priority Update 23-PU1103-NAT-VCE
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Hi all, long time no talk.

Love the truck, its been trouble free, other than a low battery and needing a charge, lots more than I'm used to. Never left me sitting, just a warning on Ford Pass, that remote features were disabled, with the rec the drive it.

Since I don't drive much, or most often, very far, I accepted it.

Just got what is, as far as I know, the first OTA update and the next day, started getting "Charging System Service Soon" alert.

Nosed around on here. Found lots of posts but not much to fix it.

I checked the voltage, said 12.6. Its on the charger now.

2023, 501a, PB. 3965 miles.
Update says, Ford Power_Up.
Priority Update 23-PU1103-NAT-VCE
That OTA was first reported November of last year on the F150's. It replaces GWM OTA 6.2.0.

OP
OP
Davexxxx

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes, it had the notice of it being a replacement but as mentioned, as far as I know, this is the first update I've had since the truck was delivered in June of last yr.

It updated last Fri, March 8.

It doesn't say anything about having anything to do with the charging system. Some display tweaks that I don't notice and a user profile button and Record Feedback.

It appears to have changed my gauge selection from turbos to trans temp, which I've already changed back.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
It is possible you got sent updates and no notification. I would need the VIN to check.

OP
OP
Davexxxx

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VIN sent.

Thanks.

Sponsored

PowerboostedF150

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost, 2011 explorer ltd
Occupation
Knowledge Manager, use PB as my office.
It is possible you got sent updates and no notification. I would need the VIN to check.
I might have the same problem recently. Can you check my vin please? 1FTFW1ED2MFB22484

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I might have the same problem recently. Can you check my vin please? 1FTFW1ED2MFB22484
Your OTA history is below. Nothing has been sent to you since September of last year. Your truck is fine in terms of getting OTA's from what I can see. Your VIN does not seem to be on the roll-out plan for the 6.x.x updates yet.

TonioT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Platinum Hybrid
I had the same problem and took it in to the dealer on Friday. After running the "rotunda" test on the charging system and batteries, which came back with no issues, they said the only thing they could figure out was that is was the OTA update. They reset the system and cleared all of the battery codes, and everything seems to be working fine so far.

PowerboostedF150

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost, 2011 explorer ltd
Occupation
Knowledge Manager, use PB as my office.
Your OTA history is below. Nothing has been sent to you since September of last year. Your truck is fine in terms of getting OTA's from what I can see. Your VIN does not seem to be on the roll-out plan for the 6.x.x updates yet.
Awesome! Thank you!

OP
OP
Davexxxx

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rugedraw said I have 2 previous updates that failed to install and likely that they would eventually be caught up and that might be causing the conflict.

I stopped in at a local dealer just to pick the service guy's brain. He looked up the VIN and said no errors showing. ???

Anyway, it still has yet to leave me sitting, or even act like it didn't want to start but it isn't confidence building, when every time I start the truck, get this big red warning.

Hit OK and its gone for that start cycle but still ...
Sponsored