First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
Is XM subscription free for 3 months or 6 months?
Sponsored

jabrego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4X4 Lariat 501A Sport
Occupation
Engineer
90 days for siriusXM radio. 3 years for SIRIUSXM navigation data (traffic, weather)

rikker

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat Sport PB, 20 Escape Titanium Hybrid
Occupation
Distributor/Dirt Mover
3 months free then you will get an offer in the mail to extend for 3 more months for $2.00. Then it automatically charges your card $22.00/month. If money no object, let it be. If you like SiriusXM and keeping some of your money call up Sirius a week before your subscription ends-say you want to cancel. They ask why. I say it‘s not worth 22/mo to me and they say how about 12- which also includes iPhone so you can use it in other vehicles and I say ok. I think only 8/mo w/o iPhone/droid addition.

OP
OP
Dan M.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
3 months free then you will get an offer in the mail to extend for 3 more months for $2.00. Then it automatically charges your card $22.00/month. If money no object, let it be. If you like SiriusXM and keeping some of your money call up Sirius a week before your subscription ends-say you want to cancel. They ask why. I say it‘s not worth 22/mo to me and they say how about 12- which also includes iPhone so you can use it in other vehicles and I say ok. I think only 8/mo w/o iPhone/droid addition.
I’ve had XM on my other trucks since 2013 and it was 6 months but I heard somewhere that it was now 3 months. In the past I call them and I say I want to cancel because it’s just not worth it to me. After listening to them for a few minutes I tell them I’ll renew but for $5 a month for a year. It’s worked for 8 years and the truth is, it’s not worth more than 5 a month. I do like listening to the news on XM when I travel.
My free XM on my wife’s SUV expired a year ago and I still get emails from them wanting me to renew for 6 months for $5 a month. She doesn’t want it even if it was free.

Sponsored

rikker

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat Sport PB, 20 Escape Titanium Hybrid
Occupation
Distributor/Dirt Mover
I’ve had XM on my other trucks since 2013 and it was 6 months but I heard somewhere that it was now 3 months. In the past I call them and I say I want to cancel because it’s just not worth it to me. After listening to them for a few minutes I tell them I’ll renew but for $5 a month for a year. It’s worked for 8 years and the truth is, it’s not worth more than 5 a month. I do like listening to the news on XM when I travel.
My free XM on my wife’s SUV expired a year ago and I still get emails from them wanting me to renew for 6 months for $5 a month. She doesn’t want it even if it was free.
I will probably let mine lapse as well. I’ve had it since my 2015 and I hardly ever use it, but $2 for 6 mo. I’ll take It and let it go

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
When I bought my Tacoma in 2018 it came with a free trial, which the dealer never told me about. I listen to NPR from time to time on the FM dial, Pandora, Amazon Music, and I have all my cd's downloaded to a thumb-drive. Never looked for XM. When they called to ask if I wanted to continue, they were amazed that I didn't know and offered to extend my listening enjoyment for $22 a month. I laughed and said no thanks, if I didn't know I had it, I didn't need it. If you want to give me 3 more months free to try it, I will. They declined.

jafo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Star white
This is probably the most important to me: 3 years for SIRIUSXM navigation data (traffic, weather)

Anyone know more about this? I didn't know we had this. We have it on the Suburban, but never paid for it.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I like the convenience of SiriusXM. I had it on my Ram and the unused months have been added to the 3 mo trial. I have it on my GT500 and I only drive it half the year. But the subscription gives me the ability to stream SiriusXM through sound system on my boat.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
This is probably the most important to me: 3 years for SIRIUSXM navigation data (traffic, weather)

Anyone know more about this? I didn't know we had this. We have it on the Suburban, but never paid for it.
I have it but I need to call SiriusXM about it. I'm not getting the traffic showing on my navigation screen. It was always up on my Ram.

awilli1010

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 f150 xlt sport, 2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited
Occupation
Retired military and retired postal et.
I’ve had Xm/SiriusXM since it started. I never use the am/fm anymore. Always go for the 5bucks a month plan!
Sponsored