Sponsored

FORScan mods reverted back?

snapper9601

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 4x4 Lariat 500A SCrew 2.7EB 145"
I looked a fair bit but couldn't find a similar or related thread, so I'm asking here.
Do FORSCan changes, or some anyway, revert back to original config on their own sometimes?
I made 6 changes in FORScan in February. Everything has been working fine until last week when I hopped out of the truck for a sec with the key fob in my pocket and got the double honk. That pissed me off for a second. I was out of town so figured I'd take a further look after getting home. Fast forward to today.
4 of the 6 changes I made are all back to original pre-FORScan operation. The only one that has remained is Enable digital numbers under engine and trans temp gauges. I only checked the truck for operation as I haven't had a chance to get another FORScan license to look deeper.
The changes I made were:
1) Double honk. Now back to double honking. Grrrrr!
2) DRL's include parking lights (will turn on rear tails with DRL's). Now the rear tails only go on when moving the light switch to Headlights or parking light. If the switch is in Auto, the rear tails go off. Never checked pre-FORScan mods, but I think that is original operation?
3) Key fob panic alarm button- lights only. Back to original honking operation. Grrrrr!
4) Key Fob tailgate release- disable. Back to original operation. Grrrrr!
5) Lincoln Auto-fold. Checking this one, when unlocking and opening the driver's door, if I lock with the button on the inside before closing the door, the mirrors do unfold now. I think that is original operation?

Truck has not received a Power-Up software update since Jan. 31 according to FordPass. I've been watching the New Power-Up OTA Update 4.2.4 threads. Sounds like we're not missing anything great. I guess I'm in no hurry for the update so I'll wait my turn. I have been checking my truck once per week or so.

Any comments? Or intel?
Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
If for whatever reason those mods did not backup to Ford's server then it likely was reset after an update when it grabs the online version of your as built data. Just a thought.

bigbulls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
It happened to me also after my last update had to go back and redo a couple of them. Hoping it doesn't happen again.
Sponsored