First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 King Ranch Super Crew, 1997 Lariat Super Cab
Occupation
Retired
Don't waste your money! The basic functionality just isn't there. If you are going to compete with free services, it needs to be at least as good. I honestly think Ford threw something together so they could have a subscription service. I have had, and still have, other built-in navigation systems, and this one is the most disappointing of all. Mind you, I have

Things that I don't like:
You cannot zoom in to get sufficient street detail. When I am in an unfamiliar area and didn't load a destination, I like to look at the street names of the screen instead of looking for a sign. I use it as a digital map. Ford doesn't label all the streets.

It's just too busy, not enough information. It's nice and wide, but doesn't show enough driving route. Recently, I was driving while live updates were given about tornadoes and hail. The cities were being called out and I could not get that information to come up on the screen.

The radar weather map is garbage. Again, bad weather and the screen showed the entire US! And it would not zoom in! WTH! Other systems will geolocate and you can zoom in our out. WORTHLESS

The construction/delay reroutes worthless too. I was approaching construction on a trip and Ford had me exit to a frontage road. I did and watched traffic zoom by me on the highway while I sat through lights and low speed limits. I think it must look for reported construction and find an alternate route. I'm pretty sure Google and Waze monitors locators on cell phone traffic, measuring how fast the "phones" are moving, then it chooses the fastest route. This particular trip, Google had me stay on the highway through the construction (which was 2 rerouted lanes) and Ford had me exit. Ford was a huge waste of time.

It's just something hastily put together and doesn't hold a candle to what you can get for free. Very disappointed!
Sponsored

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
(and I also believe the "free trial" is 3-years; at least it is on mine); but I guess I could be wrong 🤷‍♂️
My ‘22 is about to run out after 3 month trial, not sure but maybe the 21’s came with 3 years. Hard to believe Ford cut that back to make a lousy 80 bucks on each year!

bakerd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport FX4
Occupation
Appraiser/Assessor
As has been said above, it was adequate during my free trial, but with Applecar play, Google Maps, which I like the best because you can see actually satellite imagery, or iphone maps are my go to apps. The Iphone maps work just as good as well and I think when I use that one, I still get my direction info on the instrument cluster. Waze is on my Carplay, but haven't used it yet.

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Sport 2.7EB SCrew 302A High
I personally find it FAR inferior to pretty much any third-party navigation app. The GUI feels like an eyesore compared to Waze/Apple/Google to me, and the routing has completely baffled me on many occasions!

If there anything I'd add to the "pro" column for Ford's nav, it would be the integration with the dash cluster and the towing-friendly routing options. That being said, the cluster prompts in my truck don't sync with the main screen (and I'm a Job1 "no updates" truck, so I don't have this with any other apps), so no benefit there for me. And while I don't tow often enough to evaluate the trailer-friendly routing, I can't say I'd have a lot of confidence in it based on its routing algorithm in general.

I had been an avid Waze user since it was in Beta, and I still feel it's the best option in terms of consistency and function. That being said, I've since moved to using Apple maps exclusively, primarily due to its integration with my Apple contacts & calendar. Apple has also updated it's 3D maps which are just beautiful (as long as you're in a major metro area, which I happen to be)! As much as I love Waze, having the ability to have Siri invoke routing to any contact in my address book or event on my calendar is just an immensely convenient feature.

Ford F-150 Fords Navigation System - How Do You Rate It IMG_8523

Here's an example showing my stack and cluster nav prompts being 3 or 4 maneuvers apart. This occurs probably 80% of the time when using the native Sync nav.

OP
OP
Kodiak

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
My ‘22 is about to run out after 3 month trial, not sure but maybe the 21’s came with 3 years. Hard to believe Ford cut that back to make a lousy 80 bucks on each year!
On my ordersheet (Ordered 1/28/22) it lists CNCTD Blt-in NAV (3-YR INC) as a line item. Maybe check your order sheet, if you have one, and maybe you will see that it is 3 years after all. I hope it is for you as 3 months is crappy for a vehicle that comes with it.

Maybe I'll have to learn to use my phone. :( I hate my phone.

Sponsored

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
On my ordersheet (Ordered 1/28/22) it lists CNCTD Blt-in NAV (3-YR INC) as a line item. Maybe check your order sheet, if you have one, and maybe you will see that it is 3 years after all. I hope it is for you as 3 months is crappy for a vehicle that comes with it.

Maybe I'll have to learn to use my phone. :( I hate my phone.
Ok, mystery solved, I think. My truck comes with standard Co-Pilot 360 2.0 package and optional high package which gives you 12 inch screen and 3 months trial of connected navigation.

If you buy a truck with Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0 (adaptive cruise & lane centering) or standalone Connected Built In Navigation you get 3 years connected navigation.

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I mostly use Apple Maps because the integration with CarPlay is the best and it gives me turn by turn in the cluster. If I want to speed I use Waze, though it’s ugly. I tried the Ford system. The only benefit I can see is the full-screen option. Otherwise it isn’t as good as the others.
Sponsored