Ford removing Copilot Active 2.0 on 2022 orders

rwxr_xr_x

First Name
rwxr_xr_x
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F-150 XLT + 302A
I don't have BlueCruise, but ordered a truck with Assist 2.0 - I don't see a benefit for me to upgrade to Lariat and only for Active 2.0. I tried to do some research into BlueCruise as well. For now I tend to agree with @oneinch, but only for now. BlueCruise for now can't change lanes - but already has a software update in the pipeline to add it, can't do many things, BUT the hardware is there. What BC is missing is software, which as a software engineer myself, I'm 99% sure that Ford already has and has a roadmap to close the gap with Tesla, they just need to test enough and release it. Will current trucks with BlueCruise get a lot smarter with time? 99% sure that they will. My guess is that the owners need to be patient. I think that at some point the Active 2.0 hardware would become a limiting factor and would require extra hardware in order to use some new features, but there a few years until this becomes a reality.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PMMePizza

PMMePizza

First Name
Hayley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor 402A Oxford White
Occupation
General Manager
Don't' want to speak for oneinch- but I think what he's saying is that most of what you love about blue cruise IS the adaptive cruise and lane centering? 'Course- you may still disagree with that!
No, I drove home from Granger and the difference between actual bluecruise and just adaptive is night and day.

I can actually relax during bluecruise, lean back, enjoy the drive. Adaptive is a nightmare tbh, I have to constantly jiggle the steering wheel (even if I'm perfectly centered in lane) and the eye checker is WAY more aggressive.

nomarhits400

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Poweboost
Occupation
Analytical Chemist
No, I drove home from Granger and the difference between actual bluecruise and just adaptive is night and day.

I can actually relax during bluecruise, lean back, enjoy the drive. Adaptive is a nightmare tbh, I have to constantly jiggle the steering wheel (even if I'm perfectly centered in lane) and the eye checker is WAY more aggressive.
Understood- thanks for clarifying!

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
Don't' want to speak for oneinch- but I think what he's saying is that most of what you love about blue cruise IS the adaptive cruise and lane centering? 'Course- you may still disagree with that!
Pretty much kinda sorta. Blue Cruise is just "self steering" AND a nanny cam trying to make sure you're a good boy. On a truck equipped with only adaptive cruise control and lane centering you can emulate BlueCruise without the nanny cam. Now, if you're the kind that sleeps behind the wheel and/or doesn't watch the road, for "self steering" you need BlueCruise (God save us all). If you're not this you don't need a nanny watching you drive. BlueCruise hands-free works on roads where there's hardly any steering wheel input. With lane centering you only need to wrap a weight on the steering wheel to fool the truck into believing you're holding the wheel. Lane centering will do the rest. BlueCruise isn't necessary. The guys buying the lower end trims without BlueCruise, but with ACC & LC have the perfect setup. They'll drive hands-free for free. The upper trims don't have the choice. You're stuck with BlueCruise, and paying for it year after year. I'm in the stuck with it camp.

OP
OP
PMMePizza

PMMePizza

First Name
Hayley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor 402A Oxford White
Occupation
General Manager
Pretty much kinda sorta. Blue Cruise is just "self steering" AND a nanny cam trying to make sure you're a good boy. On a truck equipped with only adaptive cruise control and lane centering you can emulate BlueCruise without the nanny cam. Now, if you're the kind that sleeps behind the wheel and/or doesn't watch the road, for "self steering" you need BlueCruise (God save us all). If you're not this you don't need a nanny watching you drive. BlueCruise hands-free works on roads where there's hardly any steering wheel input. With lane centering you only need to wrap a weight on the steering wheel to fool the truck into believing you're holding the wheel. Lane centering will do the rest. BlueCruise isn't necessary. The guys buying the lower end trims without BlueCruise, but with ACC & LC have the perfect setup. They'll drive hands-free for free. The upper trims don't have the choice. You're stuck with BlueCruise, and paying for it year after year. I'm in the stuck with it camp.
I find the eye checker is WAY more of a bitch in just adaptive mode. I can't even look at my fuckin radio. Bluecruise active is way less of a narc.

Sponsored

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Just need to get you something like this...

Ford F-150 Ford removing Copilot Active 2.0 on 2022 orders 1671507843182

Yes, it seems Blue Cruise equipped trucks now, even just on adaptive and lane centering mode, is still watching you all the time regardless. I was toying with the idea of adding it to mine maybe, but once I learned that aspect, that was an easy pass for now. Now if we could find a way to enable blue cruise minus the interior cameras, that would be the cats meow, but there is no way that is going to work.

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 UNICORN (rcsb XLT co-pilot 360 assist 2.0)
Occupation
Keeper of the DOG and running with scissors.
shhhhh don't tell the secret.......

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I keep hoping some genius electronics wizard figures out a black-box hack for that eyeball camera to trick it into seeing what it wants to see no matter what, if you know what I mean.

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
BlueCruise hands-free is the only time the nanny cam should be active. But it is on any time lane centering is on. On the highway I accept the annoyance, but around town it is just way too annoying. Yes indeed, pray for a backdoor hacking wizard.

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
I guess I’m lucky on my truck. Granted, I’ve only used it three times for 30 minutes each time but no voice alerts. I got a couple “grab the wheel” messages on the instrument panel, but once I touched the wheel it went away.
Sponsored