Sponsored

Ford Performance tune for 3.5's coming (still a ways out)

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
Ford has a performance tune for the Ranger. https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-REB It uses the same device and software as Livermois, and I'm fairly confident that Livermois works directly with Ford to create the tunes as well.

I had it on my Ranger and it did make a difference in power and shifting strategy.
I don't want to assume, but obviously I would think that this would be warrantied by Ford, or not mess up the factory warranty correct? It would seem obvious that it is but nowadays there's no telling?
Sponsored

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I don't want to assume, but obviously I would think that this would be warrantied by Ford, or not mess up the factory warranty correct? It would seem obvious that it is but nowadays there's no telling?
It is, assuming it's installed by an ASE tech. That said, I YOLO'd and did it myself.

• Comes with Ford Performance 3yr/36k mile warranty from new vehicle in-service when installed by a Ford dealer or ASE/Red Seal certified technician

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
It is, assuming it's installed by an ASE tech. That said, I YOLO'd and did it myself.

• Comes with Ford Performance 3yr/36k mile warranty from new vehicle in-service when installed by a Ford dealer or ASE/Red Seal certified technician
Wait, you mean you already have one? Where do I get that? Sign me up. For years I've heard about EcoBoost gaining somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 horsepower and torque with a simple tune, but now that I have one I'm scared to death avoiding my warranty, being a Powerboost I definitely want my warranty.

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Wait, you mean you already have one? Where do I get that? Sign me up. For years I've heard about EcoBoost gaining somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 horsepower and torque with a simple tune, but now that I have one I'm scared to death avoiding my warranty, being a Powerboost I definitely want my warranty.
I have the Livernois tune on the F150.

I had the Ford Performance tune on my 2020 Ranger (traded it for the f150).

Last edited:
OP
OP

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Livernois claims 125hp /125 tq on standard 3.5s. Not sure where the powerboost falls.

Ford Performance already has tunes for Ranger, Mustang, Explorer and probably more.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Beardogfriend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 2022 platinum powerboost
Completely agree, if warranty stays intact, tune away!!!

OP
OP

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
There have been no updates. I'm hoping summer.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Man, I want to tune and Livernois is calling my name but I get real nervous about warranty stuff. Hurry up, Ford!

You and me both. I might go livernois this summer if there is no Ford performance tune. Especially if they offer a good sale, the temptation will be too much.

Hotshot Offroad

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Derrick and Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotshotoffroad.com
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor
You and me both. I might go livernois this summer if there is no Ford performance tune. Especially if they offer a good sale, the temptation will be too much.
We have LN on our shop build 3.5 Tremor. Running a 91 tune on it at the moment. The quick things we can say about the tune is the truck has much better shift points and some more pep in the step. To be truthfully; it runs similar to the FP tune we’ve used before in our previous builds (like the Ranger) but we do notice more power out of it then wha the FP tune we had. Or course it’s 2 different trucks. But our Tremor s an overland build and with all the weight it’s carrying and still has this much pep, we happy with it.

What’s nice about LN is the ability to have more tunes added for different set ups. Such as 93, Tow, etc. so far almost a year in and no issues whatsoever.

As a dealer, we are not aware of any sales that they plan to run (At least not anytime soon) but we can help you out some as we plan to run a group buy here soon. Feel free to message us anytime!

OP
OP

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
We have LN on our shop build 3.5 Tremor. Running a 91 tune on it at the moment. The quick things we can say about the tune is the truck has much better shift points and some more pep in the step. To be truthfully; it runs similar to the FP tune we’ve used before in our previous builds (like the Ranger) but we do notice more power out of it then wha the FP tune we had. Or course it’s 2 different trucks. But our Tremor s an overland build and with all the weight it’s carrying and still has this much pep, we happy with it.

What’s nice about LN is the ability to have more tunes added for different set ups. Such as 93, Tow, etc. so far almost a year in and no issues whatsoever.

As a dealer, we are not aware of any sales that they plan to run (At least not anytime soon) but we can help you out some as we plan to run a group buy here soon. Feel free to message us anytime!
When you say you are running the 91 tune, is it the performance tune or the tow/performance?

What is the difference between the two in results?

Personally I'm not looking for the very fastest truck I can get the be on the ragged edge. Just more power and reliable. I've started running 92 octane but it's till adjusting as I just finished my first tank I've 88 octane.

Hotshot Offroad

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Derrick and Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotshotoffroad.com
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor
When you say you are running the 91 tune, is it the performance tune or the tow/performance?

What is the difference between the two in results?

Personally I'm not looking for the very fastest truck I can get the be on the ragged edge. Just more power and reliable. I've started running 92 octane but it's till adjusting as I just finished my first tank I've 88 octane.
This is just performance. Our Tremor doesn’t do any towing so we have no need for it. We have customers that have had it and the responses we’ve gotten from them are about the same; better shift points. More umph when needed.

Nothing to really report on mpg. We get asked that a lot and there’s a ton of varying factors. Some have reported better mpg. Others have not said the same. We for sure saw no increase. But when loaded down 24/7 on 35s, that’s to be expected.

It’s definitely not a “power punch tune” for racing. They make some tunes for that stuff. But we haven’t personally tried it. but we do really enjoy the simplicity and results of their 91 and 93 tunes
Sponsored