Sponsored

Ford performance exhaust.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Much better. Do they make one that can make my EB sound like that? :)
Sponsored

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I would like to see the numbers for so-called "performance exhaust" systems. Headers are the only way to go for performance
Yup headers and true dual exhaust.

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
The Borla video convinced me to stick with the stock system. Not much difference.

Eric12775

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 2x4 5.0 on order
Occupation
Truck driver
Save yourself some money and just do a muffler delete. If you do a side exit before the rear tire it should cost around $100. Unclamp it from behind the resonator and tack weld in a hanger so nothing is permanent.

Sponsored

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Thankfully, I’m not getting bored watching god knows how many exhaust videos.

Unfortunately, I still can’t decide on which one to get ?

I’m starting to lean this direction, obviously do the performance connection into true dual.

https://stainlessworks.net/header-2015-f-150-5l/

They aren’t that far from me either so I may do an in person visit.

I have a Flat 6 in the garage that already wakes the neighborhood, so I’d much prefer the Coyote only make it’s presence known when it’s working hard.

jjax56

First Name
Jax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7 XLT Agate Black
Occupation
PM
I have the Borla S Type dual rear exit…it aint nothing to play with, definitely a legit cat back and the sound is incredible

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Thankfully, I’m not getting bored watching god knows how many exhaust videos.

Unfortunately, I still can’t decide on which one to get ?

I’m starting to lean this direction, obviously do the performance connection into true dual.

https://stainlessworks.net/header-2015-f-150-5l/

They aren’t that far from me either so I may do an in person visit.

I have a Flat 6 in the garage that already wakes the neighborhood, so I’d much prefer the Coyote only make it’s presence known when it’s working hard.
Check out the Flowmaster FlowFX cat back. Stainless steel. Under $500. Sound clips on youtube. Deep rumble. Mild unless you get on it.

Most likely my route. Cannot stand a raspy V8 that sounds like a 6.
And Much better than the asinine 1k plus cat backs....

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Check out the Flowmaster FlowFX cat back. Stainless steel. Under $500. Sound clips on youtube. Deep rumble. Mild unless you get on it.

Most likely my route. Cannot stand a raspy V8 that sounds like a 6.
And Much better than the asinine 1k plus cat backs....

I may go that route as a temporary solution.

Most of my drivetrain plans won’t happen for some time. I totally agree with the asinine assessment, but I’m not about to try and tell people how to spend their money.

I’m exploring removing muffler and replacing resonator with the shop I plan on having do the true dual exhaust behind the true dual CATs.

I think my hate list is pretty short for exhausts:

1. Raspy or bad pitch exhausts
2. “True dual” exhausts that are post stock cat merge pipe…

Sponsored

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer

Most of my drivetrain plans won’t happen for some time. I totally agree with the asinine assessment, but I’m not about to try and tell people how to spend their money.

I’m exploring removing muffler and replacing resonator with the shop I plan on having do the true dual exhaust behind the true dual CATs.

Yeah, i do not plan to do much powertrain wise right now.

My RCSB 5.0 with the 3.73 is stupid quick now, but really quiet.

I would go long tube headers with true dual cats and mufflers, but Im thinking I am good with power for now. Just want to hear that 8 when i get on it.

Davidwnuc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order ‘22 RCSB.

did you ever do a true dual exhaust? i have yet to see anyone do something about the y pipe.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
did you ever do a true dual exhaust? i have yet to see anyone do something about the y pipe.
Is there really a difference with these trucks, assuming your powertrain is more or less stock? This seems like something a lot of people are concerned with, when in reality, aside from maybe exhaust note, no change will be made from true duals vs a y pipe

Now if you've got a blown 5.0, it might be relevant then, but you'd still have a hard time convincing me. This message is necessarily specific to you, @Davidwnuc as I have seen this conversation a bit on this forum from many members

Davidwnuc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order ‘22 RCSB.
Is there really a difference with these trucks, assuming your powertrain is more or less stock? This seems like something a lot of people are concerned with, when in reality, aside from maybe exhaust note, no change will be made from true duals vs a y pipe

Now if you've got a blown 5.0, it might be relevant then, but you'd still have a hard time convincing me. This message is necessarily specific to you, @Davidwnuc as I have seen this conversation a bit on this forum from many members
i don’t know/care what kind of difference it makes in power. i’m more curious about how it would impact the sound.
also, my truck does have a roush supercharger on it so any additional flow i can get would be nice but i’m not interested in doing headers yet.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
i don’t know/care what kind of difference it makes in power. i’m more curious about how it would impact the sound.
also, my truck does have a roush supercharger on it so any additional flow i can get would be nice but i’m not interested in doing headers yet.
Yea I get that, I can’t count the number of exhaust setups I went through on my previous mustang just to get the right sound.

Don’t get me wrong, I won’t necessarily argue against personal preference, I’ve just seen this discussion a lot and some people seem to think there’s some performance benefit.
Sponsored