Sponsored

Ford Pass v5 - now available

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Now supports dark theme (if default in phone) and is much better for EVs as it doesn't move buttons while it's trying to figure vehicle state of charge. It's now open beta. Some people update the app and it's there, some iphone users are reporting it not being there. I installed and rebooted the phone and it went into v5 native.

Ford F-150 Ford Pass v5 - now available 1711223626545-3

Ford F-150 Ford Pass v5 - now available 1711223888508-e9
Ford F-150 Ford Pass v5 - now available 1711223866630-bs
Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Just installed 4.3.4 couple days ago.
Not sure where you got 5.0 unless it's an early access thing.

OP
OP
HammaMan

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
updated fordpass last night, rebooted the phone and entered it and it was there. Not sure of the version number itself, just the latest on google play. Some have said there's a button on the bottom to swap between 4 and 5.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
updated fordpass last night, rebooted the phone and entered it and it was there. Not sure of the version number itself, just the latest on google play. Some have said there's a button on the bottom to swap between 4 and 5.
Yep searched online and posts on other forums mention public beta. No button for me to try it. Oh well.

Sponsored

Ghurst

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 3.5 eco boost king ranch
Occupation
Carpenter
It was on my phone this morning but didn’t have all the features you do…. Like opening windows

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Why do the EVs get additional features like climate control and windows up down?

OP
OP
HammaMan

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Why do the EVs get additional features like climate control and windows up down?
The climate button is remote start for EV (reverts to whatever remote start climate / seats / HSW you've got). Lightning is rumored to have control over climate settings from the phone. I tried installing the latest "beta" from EA only after playing with the open beta, I saw no additional features.

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
The climate button is remote start for EV (reverts to whatever remote start climate / seats / HSW you've got). Lightning is rumored to have control over climate settings from the phone. I tried installing the latest "beta" from EA only after playing with the open beta, I saw no additional features.
Ah gotcha! When I saw this earlier I was thinking the ICE were going to be getting some additional stuff in the app but saw your two versions between the two.

OP
OP
HammaMan

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ah gotcha! When I saw this earlier I was thinking the ICE were going to be getting some additional stuff in the app but saw your two versions between the two.
The ICE could have those features. There's nothing special about the EVs. Computers controlling computerized modules. It really comes down to the software team. With ford appearing to unify as much as the code across vehicles as possible, rolling out new features should be as simple as a single programming change (in theory). It's been a hot mess since since the first 2021s got to customers and just recently are software versions starting to line up across all years instead of a different piece of software for each model year. It really comes down to poor management starting with the CEO. Plus the new tools enabled by Ai should be making coding and testing more efficient. They collect loads of telemetry data, it's about time they start analyzing / using / predicting data for better vehicles and software.

The longer sync 4 is put into vehicles, the more updates the 21+ model years will get. Especially for the ADAS side of things. Ford would be wise to continue to support and push updates for the vehicles in exchange for telemetry.
/tangent rant

From MME forum showing the button....

Ford F-150 Ford Pass v5 - now available 1711258591243-84

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Just installed 4.3.4 couple days ago.
Not sure where you got 5.0 unless it's an early access thing.
I have a beta version that pops up. I dont like it. Too hard to navigate. Current/old version is much more
intuitive and easier to locate stuff.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I have a beta version that pops up. I dont like it. Too hard to navigate. Current/old version is much more
intuitive and easier to locate stuff.
Actually the new version blows. There is no service history. No tire pressure. No trailer light test. There is nothing but start and locks.

Horrible.

Ghurst

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 3.5 eco boost king ranch
Occupation
Carpenter
I wasn’t impressed either and even though I’m “new” to all this I reverted back. I think there’s more information available on the previous version.

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
Brand differentiation. 2023 Lincoln Nautilus also has windows up/down. etc. Fordpass has been losing functions since early 2021 (bluetooth to control Propower, etc.)

And I know my F150 is capable. Using some apps and shortcuts I used to be able to say "Siri, start my car." or "Siri roll down my windows." Widgets no longer work as Ford has messed with the API.

And I am in the early experience program and have the button to toggle 4-5.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Actually the new version blows. There is no service history. No tire pressure. No trailer light test. There is nothing but start and locks.

Horrible.
That is disappointing, but it might be added back into the app before it leaves beta. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored