Ford Pass App icon color changed

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
@Snakebitten are you IOS or android? Also, can you verify that the lights actually turn on? Android shows connected but still doesn’t work on my end.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I'm Android.
I pressed "Front" zone

Ford F-150 Ford Pass App icon color changed 20230326_101508

Texas2022XLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302A
I'm Android.
I pressed "Front" zone

20230326_101508.jpg
Have you recently installed any power updates? Same for me like the others it just scrolls no lights come on…I’m iOS. I know some have gotten power updates but no clue if it could be part of this.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This is with the updated android fordpass app?
Yes sir. FordPass update from yesterday, I believe.

Have you recently installed any power updates? Same for me like the others it just scrolls no lights come on…I’m iOS. I know some have gotten power updates but no clue if it could be part of this.
I have always kept my truck(s) completely uptodate using FDRS. However I have NOT used FDRS for anything in 2023. As a result I did get my first OTA the other day. 4.2.1

Rumors are that there is a brand new APIM update available, but I haven't made the effort. I haven't seen anything reported regarding the APIM update that appeals to me enough to intervene. :)

Sponsored

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
So i did what @Snakebitten suggested and did a BMS reset after charging the battery. Zone lighting works now on Android. Looks like apple or ford dropped the ball as it still doesnt work. Also missing the Lights/Horn text under the button.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
my icon changed on friday sometime between 8 and 3
it was the old one at 8 when i left the house, then i noticed it was different when i got home and was logging out of pandora?
my zone lighting works as well,
snakebitten is a brave soul...last time we slept with doors open and screens closed in the rv, we were in wyoming
when we woke up the bus was full miller moths...we are talking hundreds and we even smuggled some back to texas in the ac vents..tooks months to get rid of them

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not so much brave. Just oblivious sometimes.

I did get some June Bugs and a couple of caterpillars. But I don't think they snuck through the screen, but rather them grandkids going in/out.

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
I'm on an iPhone, app icon changed, and it appears my Ford Pass no longer is connecting to my truck.

I've tried signing in and out of the app. I've also tried resetting Ford Pass via the screen in the truck.

When I used to go to "Vehicle" it would have updated info on the location of the truck, the odometer, and even the ETE for the fuel gauge. It now shows last updated March 18, and has retained all the old data.

@Ford Motor Company do you know any news?

snapper9601

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 4x4 Lariat 500A SCrew 2.7EB 145"
I was traveling this past weekend and remember seeing the new icon on my phone and wondering. I wasn't in the truck so couldn't check, and had no reason to check the app until today after seeing this thread. Today the app showed last updated March 23rd, when I last parked it before I left for 3 days. I went out and started and ran the truck for a bit. The truck connected to the Wifi. Ford Pass now shows Updated minutes ago, and updated the mileage after idling for several minutes.

Ford Pass still shows Zone Lighting Not Connected, same as antho's photo. Which seems to indicate Ford Pass is not connecting to truck. But as stated, on the Vehicle tab it did update to today, and remote start/stop from Ford Pass works.

Doesn't that mean Ford Pass is connecting to the truck?

Sponsored

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
I'm on an iPhone, app icon changed, and it appears my Ford Pass no longer is connecting to my truck.

I've tried signing in and out of the app. I've also tried resetting Ford Pass via the screen in the truck.

When I used to go to "Vehicle" it would have updated info on the location of the truck, the odometer, and even the ETE for the fuel gauge. It now shows last updated March 18, and has retained all the old data.

@Ford Motor Company do you know any news?

Update: I uninstalled the app from my phone, wait a few hours, and then reinstalled the app....still no workie. Not kewl.

It's odd, since the app mapping feature is current about where I am, but isn't current for where the truck is. This leads me to believe that the app is working with the "world" but just not connecting to my truck. I will try and mess with it more today when I'm home, and the truck is connected to my home wifi.

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
I'm at a loss. I think I've tried everything. I really did like the app for the 3 weeks that it worked. Now it won't connect to my truck. No starting or locking, or even updating any info for the vehicle.

@Ford Motor Company any help?

hedge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F350

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
Have you tried unplugging the TCU overnight? took me 4 tries but finally got mine working again.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/ford-pass-not-updating-working.14386/
Update #3 (or is it #4?).

I finally removed my truck from the Ford Pass app, and then tried to added it back. But then when I went to "Activate" it, I couldn't. So finally I broke down and called the Ford Pass "hotline".

After about a 30min call, I was told that some F150s are having a connectivity problem, and the fix should be in the next update...which has already been pushed, but I just haven't recevied it yet. I was told that its Update "4.2.1.2" but currently I have "4.2.1". They couldn't tell me when I might get it, but supposedly by April 4 was the guess.

hedge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F350
Update #3 (or is it #4?).

I finally removed my truck from the Ford Pass app, and then tried to added it back. But then when I went to "Activate" it, I couldn't. So finally I broke down and called the Ford Pass "hotline".

After about a 30min call, I was told that some F150s are having a connectivity problem, and the fix should be in the next update...which has already been pushed, but I just haven't recevied it yet. I was told that its Update "4.2.1.2" but currently I have "4.2.1". They couldn't tell me when I might get it, but supposedly by April 4 was the guess.
I got that one on Mar-28th, Not sure how they can update it though if they can't communicate with the truck.
Sponsored