First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Engineer
I went to Ford and bought the keyless entry pad becasue it didn’t come w/ the truck I purchased (Part #KB3Z-14A626-A). I tried the 8 cycles of turning the electrical on/off to get it into programming mode but this doesn’t work. Anyone programmed one of these before. Thanks
Sponsored

Sneezy

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL
I know this is an older thread, I’m just curious if you ever were able to figure out the wireless keypad. I want to install one on my truck as well. I’ve seen some where cycling the key 8 times and leaving the key in the on position on the 8th cycle will enter programming mode. I’ve read elsewhere though that it needs to be programmed with FDRS

OP
OP

Mkellg1

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Engineer
I wound up taking it into the dealer and having them do it. I looked into it and it’s much more complicated than just doing the key turn several times. You actually have to go into the main computer and put in the code that’s on the card etc.

Gnarwhl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro
I wound up taking it into the dealer and having them do it. I looked into it and it’s much more complicated than just doing the key turn several times. You actually have to go into the main computer and put in the code that’s on the card etc.
Did they need your spare key? My dealer is trying to tell me they need the spare key, but I can't imagine why that would be true....

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
The spare key is needed to retrieve the security code. Our trucks came with a "credit card" with a number printed on it.

If you know the code they shouldn't need the second key, at least they didn't need mine because I knew the code.

To find the keyless entry code, you need to have two programmed smart keys:
  1. Insert a key into the ignition and switch the ignition on for a few seconds.
  2. Switch the ignition off and remove the key.
  3. Insert the second key into the ignition and switch the ignition on.
  4. The factory-set code will display for a few seconds in the instrument cluster located above your steering wheel. Make sure you are ready to record the information.

Suns_PSD

First Name
The Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 4x4 Limited
Occupation
Sales
Today I retrieved the code on my used '21 from the computer in the kick panel. This worked like a charm.

But here is my question? What is this keyless entry pad option even good for?

I thought I'd be able to lock my keys inside so I wouldn't have to carry them on my mountain bike rides, but I'm not able to lock the truck with the keys left inside, so what is even the point of this option?

Next question, anyone considered using a Faraday bag to house their keys inside the truck so that they can lock them inside, and also to protect the key from being scanned by thieves?

Thanks!
Sponsored