First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
the big three loosing money EVs is because they bowed down to the MAN name BIG G

i would say both ford and dealers share blame on folks not trusting them
some dealers move hell on earth to get it right, some shrug and pass the blame up the chain
some dealers send their techs to training, while others rely on in house training and slow certification processes
but its not just ford, its gm, stellantis, as well and i am sure foreign vehicles are the close to the same.
from what i saw at huge mercedes dealership last march buying my granddaughter a car...i am stunned they actually fixed anything, with our debate over and over and over

a great ceo can fix the issues. great dealers can fix the problems as well

my local dealer goes the extra mile each time i visit to make sure i am happy. followed by a phone call within a few days from either the owner, his wife or a manager. most times its the owner.

he has a great tech team and treats everyone like a family member you like.

my old dealer was pretty good, but the service side was disconnected from the upstairs management unless somebody made huge waves
Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
the big three loosing money EVs is because they bowed down to the MAN name BIG G

The big 3 lose money on EVs because they don't know what the hell they're doing in modern society. Tesla came in like a wrecking ball showing them all that they're way, way behind on the technology front. Tesla right now is 'suffering' because they're not advertising and people don't know just how economical / low-priced their vehicles are.

Based on the analytics I've seen, there's a good chunk of people who can afford tesla, would like one, but don't even know they're in their price range, as well as people who can afford a tesla but don't know they want it.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
The big 3 lose money on EVs because they don't know what the hell they're doing in modern society. Tesla came in like a wrecking ball showing them all that they're way, way behind on the technology front. Tesla right now is 'suffering' because they're not advertising and people don't know just how economical / low-priced their vehicles are.

Based on the analytics I've seen, there's a good chunk of people who can afford tesla, would like one, but don't even know they're in their price range, as well as people who can afford a tesla but don't know they want it.
yes that too.. elon is a force to reckon with, he is scary right on so many things
i should have phrased it as big 3 to busy sucking on govt teet to not do evs. depsite wining or loosing.
i dont like look of teslas, but thats because i am not a sedan person :love: to low to ground for my tall frame

Nasto

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew

gagliano7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 4x4 XL STX BAP 5.0 3:73
I was going to buy the Ford lightning until the dealers in my area jacked the price $20000.

Sponsored

dafish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 PB KR SCREW, '18 Lariat SCREW
Occupation
Mostly retired IT Pro - Cyber-IPT
When my neighbor, a Ford service coordinator, bought a Titan HD the picture was pretty clear. Even then I had a PB lined up. I went and interviewed the service managers at Ford, Toyota, and GM.

I then cancelled my Ford PB.

Some of this is a legal problem. Precedent exists that demands a corporation function to the clear benefit of its stockholder. Ford treats customer as fuel, chaff if you will, that can be replaced at the next big sale. They aren't alone in this, but they're doing a pretty bad job.

Along the way, and their CEO acknowledges the problem, they outsourced anything they could to increase profit. Then promptly lost control of supply chain quality, availability and interoperability. And with limited IP to fall back on, cause now they were/are using others IP...

Yea, Ford F'd their customers. It will bite them on the ass ONLY IF WE STOP BUYING THEM.

As to direct sales, you bet! Did you know a dealers profit centers are never new sales? It can vary from dealer to dealer, but their top profit centers, by a considerable margin, are generally in this order:

Service
Used vehicles
Body shop
Finance
New sales.

jhelrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 CC Platinum FX4 5.0 4X4 3.73 LB
I don't trust management at work.
Sponsored