First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
I would be good with ford cutting out the dealers. The least knowledgeable person on this forum knows more about these trucks than anyone I have come across in sales or service at my dealership.

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 3.5EB SCREW 157"
I would be good with ford cutting out the dealers. The least knowledgeable person on this forum knows more about these trucks than anyone I have come across in sales or service at my dealership.
If you buy from Ford directly good luck with getting anything other than MSRP.

Sponsored

mtnryder56

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 SC FX4 PAB Rapid Red
Agreed, but when trucks aren't selling Ford will have the ability to drop the MSRP. Tesla is actively doing that now. When sales were strong, they raised prices, only built the highend models. They need to push a bunch of cars out the door Musk drops the price $10g's.

At the end of the day, its the same thing. High supply, low price. High demand, high price. Dealers are just an extra markup along the way.

They need to do a better job of providing a service to the end user so that the markup they receive has a value to the end consumer. Many times right now, the value is not there.

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
in theory, it should lower the prices because you’re cutting out the middleman taking their cut. I’m sure reality would be very different.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Ford has all the documentation and training available, but dealerships don't provide the time, money, or other incentives to get their technicians trained. It won't cover everything, but just giving technicians some more time to actually read what is presented in front of them versus clicking through would solve at least most of the software/update issues reported.

SALEEN961

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Automotive Technician
I would argue that the lack of knowledge at dealerships is caused by dealer groups trying to develop a scalable business model that will allow them to easily operate dozens of locations. Most business management programs teach that you should develop processes and systems that break complicated jobs down into simple tasks that low skilled workers can handle. Low skilled workers are cheap, easy to find, and easy to replace. Highly skilled workers are expensive, hard to find, and hard to replace, but they can handle complex tasks and work without as much guidance. Highly skilled workers also tend to be opinionated independent thinkers, and that's just one more reason dealers don't like them.

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 3.5EB SCREW 157"
Agreed, but when trucks aren't selling Ford will have the ability to drop the MSRP. Tesla is actively doing that now. When sales were strong, they raised prices, only built the highend models. They need to push a bunch of cars out the door Musk drops the price $10g's.

At the end of the day, its the same thing. High supply, low price. High demand, high price. Dealers are just an extra markup along the way.

They need to do a better job of providing a service to the end user so that the markup they receive has a value to the end consumer. Many times right now, the value is not there.
They'll just throw in rebates per normal practice.

Sponsored

calicocat

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Tremor, Honda Accord, BMW F850GSA
Occupation
engineer
Yep, one of the oldest Ford dealerships in the country, Lowville, NY, has called it quits as they couldn't get a good answer from Ford. There will be more of this.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
CEO has got to go -- ford could fix countless issues in just a few weeks by brining in the right tech partner.

CoolCoyote

First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Fusion
Find a new dealer!

CoolCoyote

First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Fusion
There are some shady dealerships, I won't deny that.

Ford is shady in itself, though. When you consider their ridiculous allocation game, miserable warranty repair pay, and the way they are pissing billions down the drain on EVs, dealers are right to not trust them. Don't even mention the consistent subpar quality that Ford refuses to get right.

Buying direct from Ford isn't the answer; they'll screw you more than you ever imagined a dealer could screw you.

This is the company that tried making the 360 cameras a subscription based option, after all.

The same company who knowingly ignores the fact that every single max tow pack equipped 21-22 model will continue to snap axle bolts until eternity, and refuses to issue a proper fix.

The same company who has built millions of Ecoboost engines that will exhibit coolant intrusion into cylinders and require a new engine, but only warranted a fraction of impacted vehicles.

The same company who knew rear diff bolts were snapping on Explorers, causing them to roll away, but instead if issuing a proper fix, simply programmed in a mandatory electronic parking brake application whenever the vehicle is put into park.

Dealers have every right to not trust Ford, especially with that con artist, Elon Musk wannabe Farley at the helm.
Sponsored