Sponsored

Is anyone else having the issue where the backup camera "reverse indicator" is not accurate

brett33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost
Note I came from a 2015 f150 regular super crew with the same backup camera and "reverse indicator" was always on point.

now in my 2022 F150 super crew extended bed powerboost that indicator is not accurate. I am actually turning further than is indicated.

I was wondering if anyone has gone to the dealership and had this adjusted?

my theories are:
1. The reverse indicator is set for the regular F150 wheel base, and i am driving the super crew extended bed wheel base.
2. steering is different on powerboost?

This seems like this shouldn't be an issue/ problem on a $70k truck. Any help or insight is much appreciated!
Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
might have to get it calibrated. Is it the same whether you are turning right or left?

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Check with your dealer my 21 camera was off and they said there is a TSB to correct the problem. They did the fix and all is good.

OP
OP

brett33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost
Check with your dealer my 21 camera was off and they said there is a TSB to correct the problem. They did the fix and all is good.
Awesome and thanks!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Note I came from a 2015 f150 regular super crew with the same backup camera and "reverse indicator" was always on point.

now in my 2022 F150 super crew extended bed powerboost that indicator is not accurate. I am actually turning further than is indicated.

I was wondering if anyone has gone to the dealership and had this adjusted?

my theories are:
1. The reverse indicator is set for the regular F150 wheel base, and i am driving the super crew extended bed wheel base.
2. steering is different on powerboost?

This seems like this shouldn't be an issue/ problem on a $70k truck. Any help or insight is much appreciated!
Hi there. This rear camera concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Sponsored

vidwiz

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
When backing in to a spot I have to turn a little sharper than the indicators indicate.

lawduck1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Powerboost XLT on order
When backing in to a spot I have to turn a little sharper than the indicators indicate.
I have a ‘21 and the same issue. 157” wheelbase. I assumed it had to do with the aftermarket wheels that came on my truck, but maybe it is a bug.
Sponsored