• Total voters

Alexk

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Order ‘22 F150 Platinum Powerboost Carbonized Gray
I'm fairly new to this forum and have found great value in this community on what people have done with their trucks. My hope was to find similar builds that could tell me more about what I'm looking for but have not been able to find the right combination of input to help me decide on which path to go.

I'm looking for anyone that has experience/recommendations of these options on their 2021/22 F150's (with and without CCD).

My truck will be mostly used on-road and I do plan to do some towing when I eventually get an RV (size/model is TBD after I get the truck). My interest is to limit some of the rake and give the truck a proper stance. I'm looking at the VenomRex VR601 20x9 rims with likely a Open Country AT3 or Falken Wildpeak 34-35" tire, 11.5 wide. This will give me about 1.5" of poke from stock rim to VenomRex. It seems like the Wildpeak is quieter, but also heavier..

I've only been able to drive a '22 Lariat for a short test drive when I ordered, and found it amazing for a truck. It didn't have CCD.

I ordered a 2022 Platinum 701a 6.5' bed with CCD + other options. And originally was planning to go with a ReadyLift 2" level or the ReadyLift 3.5 SST - leaning towards the 3.5 SST due to the UCA's and slightly more lift short of going to a full BDS 4" lift that cuts my frame. But I'm concerned about impact on ride quality.

When I eventually start towing a RV trailer, I may add some RAS to the rear to help with squat beyond the WDH if needed.

I went with the CCD because of its design and capabilities, but it is also limiting in my options with level/lift because of the technology in the shocks. My hope is the CCD will be soft when it should be and tight when needed. But I've never driven one to understand the difference.

Would I be better off with the CCD and ReadyLift 2" or 3.5SST for overall comfort of ride (Chill_will and UPTHECREEK have been very helpful), or should I consider removing the $1300 cost of CCD with smart hitch and go with some sort of coil-over level/lift, which seems to be more popular?

Roush kit/Fox 2.0's?
2015-2022 F-150 ROUSH Fox 2.0 Suspension Kit | ROUSH Performance

Or the Icon Stage 2?
ICON Vehicle Dynamics F-150 0 to 2.75-Inch Suspension Lift System with Tubular Upper Control Arms; Stage 2 K93112T (21-22 4WD F-150, Excluding Raptor) - Free Shipping (americantrucks.com)

Rough country 3"?
3 Inch Lift Kit | Ford F-150 4WD (2021-2022) | Rough Country

Any other approaches?

What does everyone recommend and why? Pictures and info about your build welcome.
Sponsored

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Since you mentioned mostly being on-road, I think any of the coilover systems will be overkill for you. It sounds like you are the perfect Bilstein 5100 or 6112 customer. Great dampers with a digressive damper curve (that type of curve being better for street use) intended for some off-road use.

I too would like to hear experiences with the CCD. Personally I'll have to go with something like the SDi E-CLiK down the road.

OP
OP
Alexk

Alexk

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Since you mentioned mostly being on-road, I think any of the coilover systems will be overkill for you. It sounds like you are the perfect Bilstein 5100 or 6112 customer. Great dampers with a digressive damper curve (that type of curve being better for street use) intended for some off-road use.

I too would like to hear experiences with the CCD. Personally I'll have to go with something like the SDi E-CLiK down the road.
Thanks for the suggestion. I wasn’t looking at the bilsteins originally.

too many choice and still waiting on the truck…

OP
OP
Alexk

Alexk

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Sponsored

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I'm fairly new to this forum and have found great value in this community on what people have done with their trucks. My hope was to find similar builds that could tell me more about what I'm looking for but have not been able to find the right combination of input to help me decide on which path to go.

I'm looking for anyone that has experience/recommendations of these options on their 2021/22 F150's (with and without CCD).

My truck will be mostly used on-road and I do plan to do some towing when I eventually get an RV (size/model is TBD after I get the truck). My interest is to limit some of the rake and give the truck a proper stance. I'm looking at the VenomRex VR601 20x9 rims with likely a Open Country AT3 or Falken Wildpeak 34-35" tire, 11.5 wide. This will give me about 1.5" of poke from stock rim to VenomRex. It seems like the Wildpeak is quieter, but also heavier..

I've only been able to drive a '22 Lariat for a short test drive when I ordered, and found it amazing for a truck. It didn't have CCD.

I ordered a 2022 Platinum 701a 6.5' bed with CCD + other options. And originally was planning to go with a ReadyLift 2" level or the ReadyLift 3.5 SST - leaning towards the 3.5 SST due to the UCA's and slightly more lift short of going to a full BDS 4" lift that cuts my frame. But I'm concerned about impact on ride quality.

When I eventually start towing a RV trailer, I may add some RAS to the rear to help with squat beyond the WDH if needed.

I went with the CCD because of its design and capabilities, but it is also limiting in my options with level/lift because of the technology in the shocks. My hope is the CCD will be soft when it should be and tight when needed. But I've never driven one to understand the difference.

Would I be better off with the CCD and ReadyLift 2" or 3.5SST for overall comfort of ride (Chill_will and UPTHECREEK have been very helpful), or should I consider removing the $1300 cost of CCD with smart hitch and go with some sort of coil-over level/lift, which seems to be more popular?

Roush kit/Fox 2.0's?
2015-2022 F-150 ROUSH Fox 2.0 Suspension Kit | ROUSH Performance

Or the Icon Stage 2?
ICON Vehicle Dynamics F-150 0 to 2.75-Inch Suspension Lift System with Tubular Upper Control Arms; Stage 2 K93112T (21-22 4WD F-150, Excluding Raptor) - Free Shipping (americantrucks.com)

Rough country 3"?
3 Inch Lift Kit | Ford F-150 4WD (2021-2022) | Rough Country

Any other approaches?

What does everyone recommend and why? Pictures and info about your build welcome.
If you plan on towing, leveling is most definetely NOT the "proper stance".

I vote for leave stock if towing.

OP
OP
Alexk

Alexk

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you plan on towing, leveling is most definetely NOT the "proper stance".

I vote for leave stock if towing.
Appreciate the input, I’m just not sure how much towing we will be doing. The idea is getting a TT, but with the kids getting into more and more school activities it may be limited and more of a daily driver.

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I voted "other". My suggestion is to drive it stock for a while before making any changes.

LT1_Hawk

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
I have the new Fox coilovers on order, along with the rear shocks. Pertaining to towing, there are items like this that could assist you . I don’t have experience with it but am intrigued enough that it’s on my radar.
Sponsored