Sponsored

Fold Away Shifter...all models with console or only with Work Surface?

MPC Motorsports

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Fusion SE
I work in sales at a Ford dealership. Customer ordered a 2021 F-150 wants the work surface console but not yet available. Wondering if the shifter folds in all console models or only with the work surface. Thanks!
Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Honestly, I think you are going to have to wait for a 2021 to hit your lot before that can be answered definitively. Perhaps someone in your dealership can reach out to a Ford contact and get an answer, but even those answers have proved inconsistent. The members here seen divided on this topic, as well. At $165 for the option, I doubt seriously there are two types of console shifters.

I have seen photos of F-150 interiors that do not have the work surface, but appear to have the button for the shifter to be lowered. Below is a image from the Ford F-150 Retail Site that has the standard armrest and also the button the shifter. This has been posted for a long time and is clearly pre-production/computer generated, but they are sticking with it on the site.

Ford F-150 Fold Away Shifter...all models with console or only with Work Surface? 1604509567734