Sponsored

Floor Mats? Lux Box?

Martlet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XLT Sport SCREW
Just picked up a SuperCrew and need floor mats. What does everyone use? I was going to get the Ford mats free from Ford with my rewards points, but if there are better options I'll use those points for other things.

Also, what the heck is a lux box? I can order mats for a truck with or without a lux box. I have no idea if I have one, but I assume not.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
I've enjoyed my Tux Mats, I've had WeatherTech and Husky liners on past trucks. I think they all have their strengths and it ultimately comes down to personal preference and how you use your truck

OP
OP
Martlet

Martlet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I've enjoyed my Tux Mats, I've had WeatherTech and Husky liners on past trucks. I think they all have their strengths and it ultimately comes down to personal preference and how you use your truck
Makes sense. Most of the time I'm in and out of my truck in mud and snow.

Popplemer

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'87 F250 460 5 Speed, 2023 302A PB 157"
Makes sense. Most of the time I'm in and out of my truck in mud and snow.
I had the husky ones in my previous truck and I have the fx4 mats in my new truck. If I were you I'd try the husky liners. They were great and offered more of a tray style/up the sides protection. They also fit like a glove. No baconing like the weather tech mats of years ago

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
I had the husky ones in my previous truck and I have the fx4 mats in my new truck. If I were you I'd try the husky liners. They were great and offered more of a tray style/up the sides protection. They also fit like a glove. No baconing like the weather tech mats of years ago
I agree the Husky mats are great, had the WT on previous truck and wasn't impressed for the money. Sold my fx4 mats as they looked like they wouldn't do much.

Sponsored

rtf150

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Agate Black 501A FX4 Powerboost
I’ve had two sets of Husky mats. Currently have Husky. Mainly have these because it is one of the last Christmas presents from my mom. I’m sentimental what can I say. :cry: However based on reviews and my personal research if price was a non-issue I would buy Tuxmats today. Those things are super nice IMO and I do wish I had some. Good luck on your research and purchase.

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2021 Powerboost XLT 302A 360 Camera 7.2KW
Occupation
Retired
Tuxmat looks awsome and cover all the carpet that could get dirty in your truck.

Bandit Heeler

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX 4x4 2.7
I’ve had the same set of Husky liners weatherbeaters in three different F150’s since 2018 and love them. If they ever wear out, call the US based customer service line and they will replace them. I had a set of X-act contour liners in a Ram company truck and wore threw the drivers side where by right foot goes and they were replaced with no questions asked.

GadgetB1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Occupation
Software Engineer
I had the oem mats and hated them, I love these TUX Mats. They cover more area and clean up really easy compared to the oem ones. I threw a dirty pic in there for reference but all I did was vacuum them, a little soap and water and cleaned right up.
Ford F-150 Floor Mats?  Lux Box? IMG_0269
Ford F-150 Floor Mats?  Lux Box? IMG_0270
Ford F-150 Floor Mats?  Lux Box? 70733232975__323AE356-A41A-4519-98B6-EBEEE6256B3E

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
I have the new WeatherTec ones I think they’re the HP model? Anyway, they are much nicer then the original ones.

Sponsored

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Also, what the heck is a lux box? I can order mats for a truck with or without a lux box. I have no idea if I have one, but I assume not.
I've never heard that term, but I'm assuming it's a reference to the foldable underseat storage bin. It's an option on some models and changes the design of the floor mat.

mc-mack

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Limited
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Another vote here for TuxMat. I have them in my F150, my 2 Volkswagens and bought a set for my Son-in-Law for a birthday gift for his 2023 Escape. Cant speak highly enough about them. Only drawback is that at a full service interior car wash where they pull out the mats, these fit soooooo well that its too complicated for the car wash jockeys to remove/reinstall. Either pull them out yourself before you go, or tell them to leave in place and just vacuum without removing.

OP
OP
Martlet

Martlet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Another vote here for TuxMat. I have them in my F150, my 2 Volkswagens and bought a set for my Son-in-Law for a birthday gift for his 2023 Escape. Cant speak highly enough about them. Only drawback is that at a full service interior car wash where they pull out the mats, these fit soooooo well that its too complicated for the car wash jockeys to remove/reinstall. Either pull them out yourself before you go, or tell them to leave in place and just vacuum without removing.
I've had Husky and was happy. They wore out on the heel, though. How tough are the TuxMat? Their warranty doesn't cover "wear and tear". They look softer, so will they wear out faster? They're considerably more expensive.

redline

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150, BMW X5, BMW M3,
Occupation
Sales
I am a fan of the husky liners, the lux box is more than likely the storage box under the rear seats. If you have it the rear seat floor liner is different

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Had tuxmat in our VW Atlas for 3 years. They were nice, easy to clean with vacuum and a little spray9. In snow I did find it would pool in areas and would have to take a towel and dry it out. Have the Husky x-act in f150 and really happy with them.
Sponsored