First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150/1965 Mustang
Occupation
Self Employed
I have always been a Husky Liner person, but I thought I would try the new weather tech HP on this truck, and I’m actually pretty happy. They seem to fit slightly better than the husky liners and I think they look marginally better. My concern with the Husky Liners, were that they are impossible to clean outside of a car wash. The weather tech HP looked a little bit easier to be able to wipe down with a rag. Time will tell. Both models appear to have decent size ridges to contain any spills or snow or anything. I dont have my old husky to compare as I traded them in with my old truck, but the weather tech hp appears to go slightly higher on the driver side outter wall side. They appear slightly thinner than the husky liners but that actually seems better, its like they fit better by being slightly thinner. They are a similar rubber texture to the husky liners. I also like the snap mechanism on the weather tech compared to the Husky liners. Overall so far I’m happy, I will see how they do and post an update down the road. Also, right now there is no rear floor option if you have the locking storage. Weather Tech is saying soon....so I'm just using the included Ford one back there until I can get a Weather Tech.

135982A6-40CE-40AC-AF26-3D72E3095143.jpeg

374570B8-A218-4658-9397-FEFE02651B7F.jpeg
Did you get the back liner as well?

Camptruck

First Name
Linus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Volt, 2021 F-150 XLT Velocity Blue
Occupation
Project Manager
I got the 2.4kw inverter with my supercab, the sales guy said that there isn't an option for a storage box under the backseat with that inverter, is that true or will an aftermarket storage solution work??
If you ordered a 2kw inverter, which means you are not getting a PB, the inverter takes some space under the rear seat so the lockable storage option will not fit. You will need to get after market storage. There are some that don't go the full width, and will likely be some comming that account for the inverter.

Given you say you are getting a 2.4kw inverter you must have ordered a PB. You will have a flat floor & can order the lockable storage (if you can change your order) or get after market storage units.

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2021 F150, 2018 F-150 1997 F-250H
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Did you get the back liner as well?
Not yet, they do not have them available since I have the locking under seat storage. It should be just a matter of time before weather tech has them available. Right now I’m just using the Ford included tray liner.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Pipe

First Name
Jj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Explorer
I contacted Husky support, and they are nowhere close to releasing a rear liner for the trucks w/ folding storage. Was told their engineers haven't even looked at a truck yet because "the nearest truck is 200 miles away". You'd think since this is what they do they might be ok with spending a few hours to make this happen? Kinda regretting buying Husky for my front now, since i likely won't be able to get matching rear.

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Entrepreneur
I just got my WeatherTech HP rear liner today. Im not too happy. The OEM Ford tray liner is better IMHO. There are no cleats to grip the carpet, and it feels thin. That being said, I'm super happy with the front HP liners just not this back one, they are awesome and better than Husky. But the rear is not good. IMHO
Ford F-150 Non-OEM floor mats and rear storage box IMG_5414.JPG

Last edited:

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
I believe that is correct. The lithium battery is under where the storage box would go. Weathertech has one.
DA4AF52B-5D7C-434E-933D-6257F41FB472.jpeg
Anyone who was interested in this under rear seat storage box option from WeatherTech, it now appears to be almost $100 off. Just ordered myself one, hopefully it's a good alternative to the Ford one.

Ford F-150 Non-OEM floor mats and rear storage box Untitled101

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Entrepreneur
I just got my WeatherTech HP rear liner today. Im not too happy. The stop Ford tray liner is better IMHO. There are no cleats to grip the carpet, and it feels thin. That being said, I'm super happy with the front HP liners, they are awesome and better than Husky. But the rear are not good. IMHO
IMG_5414.JPG
I just looked and they have now added a note that the 2nd seat liner is their "Floor Liner" product. The HP for the rear is NOT AVAILABLE yet. This one is going back. They say it's in development and up to 8 weeks. I'm not sure why they listed a regular rear seat liner on the HP page.

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
I contacted Husky support, and they are nowhere close to releasing a rear liner for the trucks w/ folding storage. Was told their engineers haven't even looked at a truck yet because "the nearest truck is 200 miles away". You'd think since this is what they do they might be ok with spending a few hours to make this happen? Kinda regretting buying Husky for my front now, since i likely won't be able to get matching rear.
I contacted Husky today and they still don't have a rear liner available for the foldable storage box. Disappointing considering that these trucks have been out now for some time.

Although I already have the Husky front liners (and really like them), I'm tempted to go with the WeatherTech rear liner to get some better protection in place, but am hesitant due the WT rear liner for the storage box being the regular (harder) FloorLiner and not the newer (softer) FloorLiner HP, and also this negative review.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/non-oem-floor-mats-and-rear-storage-box.972/post-44316

Last edited:

Sponsored

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Entrepreneur
I contacted Husky today and they still don't have a rear liner available for the foldable storage box. Disappointing considering that these trucks have been out now for some time.

Although I already have the Husky front liners (and really like them), I'm tempted to go with the WeatherTech rear liner to get some better protection in place, but am hesitant due the WT rear liner for the storage box being the regular (harder) FloorLiner and not the newer (softer) FloorLiner HP, and also this negative review.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/non-oem-floor-mats-and-rear-storage-box.972/post-44316
I personally am very happy with my front Weathertech HP liners. I cam from many years using Husky, and I am super pleased with these. They seem to fit better and can be cleaned easier. As far as the rear liner, I am just using the included Ford tray liner for the rear until Weathertech releases their HP version. The regular floor liner from Weathertech is a complete waste of money. I would stick to HP only.

bulger81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Anyone who was interested in this under rear seat storage box option from WeatherTech, it now appears to be almost $100 off. Just ordered myself one, hopefully it's a good alternative to the Ford one.

Untitled101.png
quick tip: u may want to drill a couple holes in the storage box and use zip ties to secure box to the panel. I saw a guy do that in a video, since the weather tech box only tightens with on small clip.
I ordered this. I prefer the flat floor just in case u want haul something, so the weather tech storage is my solution. yet my truck is still MIA.

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
Husky now has the rear liners to use with the fold flat storage. I just ordered my front and rear liners today from them. Item 53468
https://www.huskyliners.com/product-detail/53468
I also happened to check the Husky site this morning for the rear liner that is compatible with the fold flat storage, saw that it was available and ordered it. Enter coupon code "HLKB10" to get 10% off!
Sponsored