• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Finding EV Charging Locations

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I just don't imagine low rent folks using EV's just yet.
More if we get the max proposed EV credits going, close to $15k counting state ($2.5k) incentives. It drops EV’s like Leaf, Bolt, Kona, ID4 into the $35k average new car price.

More than a few “low rent folks” driving maxed out pickups. Spending too much on vehicles is an American tradition and the pickups lead the parade. A $75k mid range pickup or buy a house is likely a decision in more than a few households in US. F150EV will be saving them $2,500 a year on gasoline on average vs. similar priced ICE F150.

F150 will fit in my underground garage EV parking spot and in the parking garages at the malls.
Sponsored

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
The filthy rich will usually not care about efficiency . They aren't going to buy a Hummer, Tesla, Rivian, Lucid EV for the tax break or MPGe.

While it may be simplistic I just don't believe that the majority of low income households use efficiency to their advantage.

Last edited:

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, Explorer,C10
Public chargers are like Public Bathrooms, I only use them if I absolutely have to.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, Explorer,C10
I just don't imagine low rent folks using EV's just yet. Maybe in the year 2525 if man is still alive.
I am pretty low rent. Pining for a Maverick EV. If it is announced before my Lightning is delivered I will probably wait. Telsa is also working on the Model 2 that will be in the sub $25k area.

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
Unless you have MachE, Explorer,C10 all up on blocks with the wheels off I'd not put you in the low rent group. Your rent may be low but I was always told the difference between a high end place and low end place.

You know it's a wealthy neighborhood when you see two cars up on blocks.

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician
I am thinking of our topography here in Portland, Oregon. If you live here and want to haul your 7000# 25' travel trailer to the beach, that 80+ mile distance goes through 2 lane rural woods with just a handful of even gasoline stations and over a coastal mountain range. I am not aware of any charging stations until you reach the coastal cities and then not sure if there is room for the trailer. Maybe if you limp into the closest RV park, you might be able to arrive on time and charge up there. Now if you want to go to central Oregon where dry high desert weather and golf resorts are, same problem but more like 140 miles and you are traveling in the woods and over a major pass of Mt Hood. It might take you 2 days to arrive pulling a heavy trailer. Maybe Calfornia that is wall to wall cities might work better. I think right now, my powerboost is the better choice for rural type areas if towing heavy. If unloaded, then sure the Lightening will work.
Sponsored