Sponsored

Finally a Window Sticker; My Fight w/ My Dealer Begins

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Antimatter Blue F150 Diet Platinum (Eventually)
Occupation
Math
After 15.5 months since my initial order, I finally have a window sticker for my Platinum! Yay me! Now it is time for me to argue with my dealer. I'm looking for some help.

(Skip to the TL; DR pick up point below of you want to skip the tabulations)

When I placed my order (and I'm using the October conversion to the 22MY as my new price baseline), my MSRP total was $78,520. I deleted two features (BAP and Wheel Well Lining), reducing my MSRP to $77,215; neither of those two features caused a reset of the MSRP.

So, the MSRP went up from $77,215 to $77,760, an increase of $545. Now my then and now orders are significantly different. Adaptive steering ($1,000), max recline ($340), retractable tonneau cover ($1,695) spray in bed liner ($595) have all been removed from my order by Ford for a total $3,630, (effectively transforming my truck into a Diet Platinum). Together with the $665 credit from losing the active park and multicontour seats, my MSRP should have dropped $4,295, but it increased $545.

(TL;DR pick up point)

Normal good business practices would say that Ford and the dealer honor the original order price. That's what I last signed.

My dealer wants me to pay for the increase in price. Other dealerships honor this. I am told that there is a process that the dealer can put in a request with Ford to reimburse the discount to me in offer price. I hear it is through a system called VINCENT. My question is, what are the exact steps I can tell my dealer on how to honor that credit? My dealer is very bright, but I want to have the very detailed steps to walk him through as if he is a simpleton.

Can someone help me with this?
Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
In one of the 3% under Granger threads (I think 2022) Granger explains the process for how Ford reimburses dealerships for any increases from the order date to the delivery date. The better dealerships (Granger) will just give you the cost off at the time of signing and then they wait for the reimbursement check from Ford. I have read that some other dealerships make you pay the new price and then when they get the check from Ford they reimburse you at that time. Other dealerships just charge you the full new amount and pocket the extra money, you get left holding the bag.

Try looking through the Granger threads and it is a post from Granger that will help you scroll through the pages of posts a little easier. Do not bother to read them all, just look for the Granger posts and you will find it. Good luck.

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Crew Cab Plat 6.5'
This is the post you are looking for.

Ford F-150 Finally a Window Sticker; My Fight w/ My Dealer Begins 1660125498118

Good luck - some dealers refuse to do the paperwork. (Or say they won't.)

Bigguy214

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150
I have read the same thing about some dealers not wanting to thru the hoops or not knowing how to do it.I would tell them there is a way for them to get reimbursed and you aren’t paying that.

athenslb57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150
Give them this.

Attachments

Sponsored

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Reserved, 2022 Platinum on Order
Window Stickers are always produced at "today's MSRP", with the MSRP being the current MSRP at the time the sticker was generated. This "enables" the dealer to use the higher MSRP, in the event that the original ordering customer doesn't follow through.

Ford dealers are supposed to price match, and there is a "back-end way" for them to be compensated as long as they're selling to you. You should be paying the $77,215 - $4295 = $72,920, subject to whatever "relative to MSRP" deal you made with the dealer.

That being said, seeing as you have a 2021 platinum already, personally, I'd suggest sitting in your new one when it arrives for a very long time before taking delivery.... for me, the seats were a real problem.

OP
OP
thevofl

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Antimatter Blue F150 Diet Platinum (Eventually)
Occupation
Math
Window Stickers are always produced at "today's MSRP", with the MSRP being the current MSRP at the time the sticker was generated. This "enables" the dealer to use the higher MSRP, in the event that the original ordering customer doesn't follow through.

Ford dealers are supposed to price match, and there is a "back-end way" for them to be compensated as long as they're selling to you. You should be paying the $77,215 - $4295 = $72,920, subject to whatever "relative to MSRP" deal you made with the dealer.

That being said, seeing as you have a 2021 platinum already, personally, I'd suggest sitting in your new one when it arrives for a very long time before taking delivery.... for me, the seats were a real problem.
Thanks for the information.

And I see that my profile information didn't get updated when I changed my info in my signature. The 2021 Platinum was my order placed last year that got switched to a 2022 and is now being built.

PPEng15

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150
Do not think you are alone in this either. Some of us are not very shrewd when it comes to vehicle purchases.

I texted my dealer the other day about the price increase and they acted like it is what it is.

I am going to take what I have learned on this forum and apply it during my negotiations.

I want my truck, but I am also preparing to walk away. MSRP up, trade value down, interest rates up. We will see how badly they want to sell me my truck. (They are a small dealer with very few high optioned trucks)

Worst case, I keep my 2017 until 2026 as previously planned and start looking for another dealer, maybe call Grainger next time.

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
I want my truck, but I am also preparing to walk away. MSRP up, trade value down, interest rates up.
Walking away as the best leverage. Dealerships will always play to your emotions and they’re very good at it. Be prepared to walk away. The people who cannot walk away are the ones I feel for. I can’t imagine having my car totaled for whatever reason and having to replace it today in the current market.

super sparky

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
two ford transits, ford edge st
Occupation
electrical contractor
After 15.5 months since my initial order, I finally have a window sticker for my Platinum! Yay me! Now it is time for me to argue with my dealer. I'm looking for some help.

When I placed my order (and I'm using the October conversion to the 22MY as my new price baseline), my MSRP total was $78,520. I deleted two features (BAP and Wheel Well Lining), reducing my MSRP to $77,215; neither of those two features caused a reset of the MSRP.

So, the MSRP went up from $77,215 to $77,760, an increase of $545. Now my then and now orders are significantly different. Adaptive steering ($1,000), max recline ($340), retractable tonneau cover ($1,695) spray in bed liner ($595) have all been removed from my order by Ford for a total $3,630, (effectively transforming my truck into a Diet Platinum). Together with the $665 credit from losing the active park and multicontour seats, my MSRP should have dropped $4,295, but it increased $545.

(TL;DR pick up point)

Normal good business practices would say that Ford and the dealer honor the original order price. That's what I last signed.

My dealer wants me to pay for the increase in price. Other dealerships honor this. I am told that there is a process that the dealer can put in a request with Ford to reimburse the discount to me in offer price. I hear it is through a system called VINCENT. My question is, what are the exact steps I can tell my dealer on how to honor that credit? My dealer is very bright, but I want to have the very detailed steps to walk him through as if he is a simpleton.

you are not alone oct date is mine being changed to a 22 also origional order aug 21

Attachments

Sponsored

Steve Amos

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 150 Platinum
Occupation
Retired

(TL;DR pick up point)

I ordered a 21 Platinum in September. Ford canceled my order, and my dealer automatically re submitted the order as a 22 model (with no increase in price). I ordered with the high Platinum option, V8, tow pkg etc. I did not order the moonroof. The order was accepted in Nov., a VIN sent to me in Jan 23, then the build date for late March. It changed twice, and I received the truck the last week of May.
FORD only deleted the full recline seating, and I cancelled the sprayed in bed liner and CCD (continuous controlled dampening) & Auto Start/Stop ($50 credit!)
The dealer & Ford honored not only my agreed upon price, but also the 0% financing too. After reading related threads & You Tube videos, I figured I was going to suffer increases etc. You may need to find a better Dealership!

aaexpert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 platinum
It varies by State, but i was just reading an article about a 'signed document' with a price on it will give you leverage. Verify with your State laws(or a lawyer) that your stealership is bound to the contract and dont sign a new agreement upon delivery unless its what YOU want it to be. Trying to get a refund from them/Ford later likely wont happen. Since you still have time, go there now and see what it is they want you to pay, put it in writing, then take it with you to 'review'. I always find it helps to carry openly your phone recording the conversations too. Then decide what approach is warranted and save yourself the headache BEFORE the day it arrives and not be surprised.

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
The original price/incentives from the ordering date applies! Dont walk away from it and stick to your guns, and you WILL get your price as given to you when you ordered it. If sales guy states otherwise, knock on the sales managers door and tell him that you're aware of the fact that the price is fix and no price increases apply to you. If need be knock on the general manager/owners door and have it out with him. They cant reneg on the deal, but they'll certainly try. Just been through that with a guy i gave a X-Pin too, and he walked out paying the original price! Only if you're not successful there, call customer service and they should have a chat with the dealer. Come back and let us know!

DanielG

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
My truck had a price increase from February 2022 (when ordered) to June 1022 (when built) and there was no question about honoring the first price. The only thing is that I didn’t change anything on my original order.

Deleted member 12573

Also remember to reiterate that they will receive the lowest possible score on the Ford survey. For some reason that survey is like gold to these dealers.
Sponsored