Auto leveling headlights not always working

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I have an issue every couple weeks where the headlights are not leveled correctly after using remote start and require the truck to be restarted to reset them. Anyone else have this issue and figure out how to fix it? Getting the runaround at the dealer is about the last thing I want to have to deal with for a fix.
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I would recalibrate the hcm. I believe you can do in Forscan. Make sure they are leveled when you do it. It will relearn.

OP
OP
Paul Neubauer

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I would recalibrate the hcm. I believe you can do in Forscan. Make sure they are leveled when you do it. It will relearn.
The headlights need to be on the same level plane or the truck needs to be parked on a level surface before this procedure is done?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The headlights need to be on the same level plane or the truck needs to be parked on a level surface before this procedure is done?
Level surface.
It will tell you to make any adjustments to the headlamps needed. You won’t need to since they are level: just make sure they are when you run the process.

OP
OP
Paul Neubauer

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Level surface.
It will tell you to make any adjustments to the headlamps needed. You won’t need to since they are level: just make sure they are when you run the process.
Appreciate it! I'll find a level place to park and see what options are available in Forscan to hopefully fix this.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I can
Appreciate it! I'll find a level place to park and see what options are available in Forscan to hopefully fix this.
t promise it will work but it’s at least something worth a shot.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have an issue every couple weeks where the headlights are not leveled correctly after using remote start and require the truck to be restarted to reset them. Anyone else have this issue and figure out how to fix it? Getting the runaround at the dealer is about the last thing I want to have to deal with for a fix.
Good morning! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can take a look into your headlight concern.

OP
OP
Paul Neubauer

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
DTC codes from the HCM module.
Ford F-150 Auto leveling headlights not always working 9A139F8A-C5DA-4A4F-B647-0CF4BCAEEAF4
DTC codes from the HCM module.
Ford F-150 Auto leveling headlights not always working 194FC8CE-6E92-4EA6-A47B-810A56832F63

Ford F-150 Auto leveling headlights not always working 756F4226-27B7-4772-B3E9-F4A20FBCB912

Ford F-150 Auto leveling headlights not always working 4B2C07F1-8B7A-4029-ABF4-6502CA259DF9

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
COuld be a wiring issue. Both side.. Very unlikely to have two bad headlamp assemblies. It has a lin bus that handles that.

Could be a HCM also.

OP
OP
Paul Neubauer

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I have been keeping track of when the problem occurs for a couple weeks and it is only when the truck is remote started. It does not matter if it is done with the key fob or my automatic start using FordPass each morning. My headlights are not level almost every morning now when remote start is used but every time I manually start the truck, there is no issue. The only way to reset the lights aim is to shut off the truck after a remote start and restart it.

Sponsored

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
I have seen those codes a few times. Did you happen to setup glare free? Seems like i never noticed it until after but could be a coincidence.

OP
OP
Paul Neubauer

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I have seen those codes a few times. Did you happen to setup glare free? Seems like i never noticed it until after but could be a coincidence.
I did have Glare Free activated for a while and removed it. The auto leveling issue has been happening since the truck was new but in the last couple months, it has become a daily issue instead of a couple times a month.

OP
OP
Paul Neubauer

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
The dealership is working on fixing this problem now and has given up and waiting for the engineering team to figure it out. The HCM has been replaced again and finally reprogrammed by the engineering team after it couldn't be done in FDRS. Problem still exists as expected offer programming and waiting on the engineering team to figure out the next step again.
Sponsored