Sponsored

Farewell For Now! Thanks for all the information and help!

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
"Oh no! We're sorry to hear you're having vibration issues with your truck; that doesn't sound like a pleasant ownership experience. Please send a PM with your VIN, and we'll be happy to look into it on our end."
At least Farley gave us a stay of execution on AM radio delete, small victory. We keep news 880 and 1010 for now. :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Members on this forum have been wonderful! This is a great community. Thanks, friends.
IMG_0248.jpeg
One member of this forum is perhaps biased regarding color, but that's a good looking truck. :)

OP
OP

jp1170

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 SCREW Lariat 501A
Occupation
Sr. Systems Engineer
@Ford Motor Company, I just traded my three month old F150. $15k off MSRP on a RAM. It has a lot of the creature comforts that my XLT lacked, and a better ride quality and most importantly, no vibrations in the pedal that left my foot numb.

I may return to Ford one day with a future iteration of the PB bit I have zero appetite for the runaround right now. Like @Snakebitten said, taking it in over and over and a very dismissive interaction with the corporate rep completely sucked the joy out of the experience. Some things are worth a struggle, a lot of things aren’t.
Members on this forum have been wonderful! This is a great community. Thanks, friends.
IMG_0248.jpeg
Good looking truck! I almost went back to a Ram instead of the GMC. I had a 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie and it was a great truck. Smooth drivetrain and never had any issues out of it during the 40,xxx miles i put on it. Best of luck with yours!

OP
OP

jp1170

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 SCREW Lariat 501A
Occupation
Sr. Systems Engineer
Just an update for anyone else thinking about making the switch. I've had the truck for close to a month now and have put around 3500 miles on it so far. Overall i'm very happy with my decision...just thought i would share some pros and cons.

Pros:
-Although not the most powerful the 5.3 with 10 speed is very smooth and plenty adequate for daily driving.
-Fuel mileage is as good if not slightly better than the 3.5 ecoboost
-Overall fit and finish of the interior and exterior is better than the lariat i had.
-The ride is slightly better than the ford...my ford did not have the fx4 package and the gmc has the x31 which i expected to be a little stiffer ride but to my surprise it wasn't.
-I love having a V8 again and hearing the exhaust note rather than hearing a simulated one.
- The multi pro tailgate is awesome...i use it a lot more often than i thought i would. Being able to drop the top section down to get closer to the bed for loading and unloading things is nice and the step feature works great as a step as well as a seat. I used it last weekend at a golf outing and it was the perfect spot to sit down and put my golf shoes on.

Cons:
-The seats are definitely more firm than the ones in my ford. They aren't necessarily uncomfortable but i can tell a difference.
-The infotainment system is nice but it does have a few quirks that GMC needs to iron out. Phone integration with an iphone is a little clunky. Also there is a known issue that I've experienced a couple of times where there will be no audio when you start the truck up. Shutting the truck off for a few minutes to allow the system to reboot has always fixed it so far. Will bring it up at my first service appointment.
-The hood height makes it a little difficult to judge how close you are when pulling up to something. I've gotten used to it after a little while but i don't think i would want a GM truck that didn't have the 360 camera. I almost bought one that didn't have it and i'm glad that i waited and got the one that i did.

Anyway just thought i would take a minute to provide an update and i hope that everyone is doing well.

Wallyo

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Super Crew XLT
There are going to be issues and unsatisfied customers with any manufacturer. So far only issue with mine was the tail gate wouldn’t auto drop. Tension rod needed tightening.

As to vibration: a family friend (daughter college friend) brought a brand new Subaru. I get brought into theses things because, I know cars and am known as a consumer advocate, so I am often asked what to do.

Vibrating at highway speed in and out of dealer 4 times. She was about to ask for her states lemon law.

Issue the hood prop rod clip was missing! A $2.80 cent part. And she went to several dealers before it was discovered. The mechanic that discovered the problem drove it home kept it over night, because he was so stumped.

Just saying it happens! Had 04 Seirra transmission had to be rebuilt at 80k it’s been fine since, would still own it if I was not rear ended last thanksgiving. Had a ford windstar lost 2nd gear at 29k

And how many times was the hood opened and closed on that Subaru, before discovering it?
Sponsored