First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
After 18 weeks my lariat showed up. YIPPIE! But Ford has me confused. The Pro trailer backup assist with trailer reverse guidance quick start guide tells about setting it up with the sensor. OK, great. But then it also states there will be an up date at some time that will use stickers. Well the kit includes the stickers and I thought the stickers was the "old way" of setting up the trailer and the sensor was the "new way." So, Ford has done a great job of getting me mixed up and wondering just what is going on.
Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Cessnadog

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
My take is the new sensor likely works better than the “old” sticker method. Why they didn’t have it ready to go right out of the gates I have no idea. I will say that I am looking forward to the update. I do rent a camper about once a year and while I don’t see the value in temporarily attaching the sensor, I would happily attach a sticker and set it up.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
This was covered in the towing forum 2-3 months ago. I believe the latest is that the update for the stickers should be out sometime in the fall.

OP
OP
Doggy-Dog

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired