F150 trucks from Canada

Willis494

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F350 Superduty Platinum,2010 Ford Expedition
I have been looking at used 2018-2021 used trucks and noticed a few trucks at dealerships have trucks that have a Canadian window and cab sticker.When you look at the car fax reports they show they were in Canada for a few years and then went through importation and are now for sale in the states.One particular dealer Huntley Ford in Illinois has around 6 of them.What could be any issues if a person purchased one of these trucks?Are emission’s different or anything that would have to be considered before possibly purchasing one.That particular dealer is 4 hours away and don’t want to waste a trip.I am seeing used prices drop and was looking at Granger to purchase a loaded lariat with the 3% under invioce but might get a used and them get a new one when all the deleted options are available.I also have a $2000 PCO for a new order to Use by April 3rd.Thanks in advance for any info.
Sponsored

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
I think I'm uniquely qualified to answer this. Bought my '21 used Canadian truck from Huntley Ford a year ago (live 1 town over).

1. Truck was a little dirty from living on dirt roads, needed to power wash it really good and clean the rubber
  2. Needed to reprogram the speedometer to default to US MPH with the help of the great people on this forum
  3. Dynamic headlights come enabled by default if you have the led projector beam headlights!
Thats it! You'll notice small details like it's missing the American Flag badges and it's always trying to navigate to Tim Horton's though 🤣

Nomis

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat FX4 w/ 5.0
Thing you need to keep in mind is they salt the crap out of the roads in the winter up here so check the undercarriage if rust concerns you.

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 UNICORN (rcsb XLT co-pilot 360 assist 2.0)
Occupation
Keeper of the DOG and running with scissors.
thought Wisconsin was part of Canada? It's not?

Ecoblue

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Antimater
Occupation
Technician
The currency discrepancy has made trucks in Canada comparitely much cheaper. Add the new car depreciation and Canadian dealers have been making hand over fist in the last ten years. There are few if any noticeable differences. I wouldn’t worry about. On the other hand if there’s a lobo badge on the fender, run

Sponsored

Mosey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
When I was looking for a used F150 last summer, I could tell the Canadian trucks with one look underneath. Corrosion is much more pronounced.

Lon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Worker Bee
When I was looking for a used F150 last summer, I could tell the Canadian trucks with one look underneath. Corrosion is much more pronounced.
Eastern Canada uses salt every where; Alberta uses sand and gravel.

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
Usually the nearly rusted away frame is a good indicator.

Check carefully. I don’t know why they love salt so much up there, but they do.

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
I bought a 2013 FX4 in the year 2016 and it was an import from Canada. I got an insane deal on it since it was recorded as having 48,000 miles on it but really those were kilometers and once it was brought over the guages were switched and it actually only had 30,000 miles but the dealer who got it got a price reflecting 48,000 miles. He more or less passed those davubgs on, it was a good 4k under blue book at the time.

I never had a single issue except for rust started to form behind the rear doors as it did with pretty much every Ford truck from 2009-2014.

I would buy a truck from Canada again.

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
Most used trucks my dealer sells to the US, meaning there is hardly any water left for local fish.

my only option was putting in a factory order and getting exactly what I wanted. Took 7 months though!

Sponsored

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
I saw this same thing as well when I was looking. I ended up getting new one from Granger. Ordered in December and they are building it on Tuesday so not too bad of a wait. I don't seem to have any deletes on XLT - seems like they are doing a bit better with supply chain. Though I cant really saw for sure until makes it to the dealer :)

As others said - check the frame/unercarriage. But that is something you should do for all trucks not from Arizona anyway

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
The currency discrepancy has made trucks in Canada comparitely much cheaper. Add the new car depreciation and Canadian dealers have been making hand over fist in the last ten years. There are few if any noticeable differences. I wouldn’t worry about.
Been this way for years. I have personally owned 2 Canadian F150s, and have multiple co-workers in the same boat. I know of at least 4 used dealerships in SLC the run their entire business off of purchasing used Canadian trucks and then reselling them here. And Ford has never denied any warranty here. The only group that cant figure it out is CarMax. They supposedly have some policy not to purchase Canadian vehicles in the US, or at least thats the BS they gave me when they low balled me on buying one from me. I have traded them in to other dealerships at full NADA value.

And we use just as much salt in the winter here as a lot of Canada, so thats a non-issue for me.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I saw it stated several times one here but I’m going to reiterate:

back last august when I got into my 22 F150, I came across several Canadian imports. There were 3 in particular I looked at, the highest miles being 35000 and the oldest being a 2019. They all had a decent amount of rust on the frame and suspension, far more than anything I’ve seen before at that age/mileage. Not enough to be immediately dangerous, but probably wouldn’t have lasted as long as expected. Be VERY picky about any Canadian trucks.

DrTone

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Raptor, 2022 Tremor 402a
I haven't heard of any Canadian F-150 fatalities from corrosion. I can understand extra corrosion is an issue with the amount of winter we have up here but I wouldn't consider it immediately dangerous.

OneFiddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 502A PB BAP
I saw it stated several times one here but I’m going to reiterate:

back last august when I got into my 22 F150, I came across several Canadian imports. There were 3 in particular I looked at, the highest miles being 35000 and the oldest being a 2019. They all had a decent amount of rust on the frame and suspension, far more than anything I’ve seen before at that age/mileage. Not enough to be immediately dangerous, but probably wouldn’t have lasted as long as expected. Be VERY picky about any Canadian trucks.
US rust belt trucks vs Canadian will have no difference. Once you starting going south then yeah it will have more surface rust than comparable trucks never seeing winter or salt.
Sponsored