Sponsored

F-150 sideswiped a pole any guesses for repair cost I was offered the option to buy it as is

IzzysAuto

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Roush F-150, 22 Genesis GV70, 12 Nissan GTR
Occupation
Law Enforcement 29 years
There is no way that damage is a total loss. Worst case scenario is a door, corner cab cut, and a bed skin. From what I can see with the door closed all 3 can be fixed by an experienced body guy.

OP
OP

Jeremycook

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
I know it’s not to bad. The trucks 10 hours away so I can’t have a body man check it out just looking for a guesstimate on price for that

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
I know it’s not to bad. The trucks 10 hours away so I can’t have a body man check it out just looking for a guesstimate on price for that
So this truck is not yours? It has been offered for sale as is? Is there hidden damage, will the door need to be replaced as well as the box skin? This could easily run into $4000 - $6000 or more. Remember its not always the cost of supplies, there is a lot of labor involved, especially changing over all the components in the door. Unless this truck is being offered for tens of thousands below market value, I wouldn't bother with it. Good luck.

OP
OP

Jeremycook

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
So this truck is not yours? It has been offered for sale as is? Is there hidden damage, will the door need to be replaced as well as the box skin? This could easily run into $4000 - $6000 or more. Remember its not always the cost of supplies, there is a lot of labor involved, especially changing over all the components in the door. Unless this truck is being offered for tens of thousands below market value, I wouldn't bother with it. Good luck.
Yeah he offered it for 15k it’s a 2014 with 70k, that is the only damage on the truck my first thoughts were buy it fix and sell it, but that was if it only needed maybe a couple thousand to fix. I appreciate the response a lot

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Pre-covid (before the current hyper-inflated used market) that would be a much lower priced bruised truck. And fixing it would probably be 1/2 what it would be currently too?

Which drivetrain is in it matters too, as well as trim level.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
... my first thoughts were buy it fix and sell it, but that was if it only needed maybe a couple thousand to fix.
My first thought is that if you're not a 'body man' who can guestimate the costs from the pic then you're not the 'body man' who can buy it, fix it, and make honest money flipping it.

Just my thought, carry on ....

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
With all the supply chain issues, if you need any new parts you could be in for a long wait. With that old of a truck it might not be a problem, but just something else to think about.

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
formerly had 2008 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
retired
I would say around 8K. Does not look totalled
Sponsored