• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Chevy Volt, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Ask them to Add "Pin to Drive"?
Also ask if they add the larger towing mirrors with the Towing Package?

Enough Said ;)
Sponsored

Last edited:

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Are there specific questions that you want answered?
1. This is probably the biggest outstanding question that I have: I'd like to know why the Platinum has a faster charging time listed on the window sticker than the Lariat Extended Range. The Platinum sticker says that you can charge it in 9.3 hours using a 240 volt outlet whereas the Lariat takes 10.1 hours. There shouldn't be any hardware difference between the two other than standard Max Tow.

2. What exactly does the Max Tow option do? Does it give you a different cooling hardware or is it just software programming? Does it affect charging speeds (see question #1).

3. Are there any interesting Frunk accessories planned (OEM or aftermarket)? I'd love to see a camp kitchen and some sort of tool management system.

4. Will Ford offer OEM power-deployed running boards? They've been deleted for MY22 and many of us would like to add them after delivery if possible.

5. Would like to see the yellow door GVWR/payload stickers on all of the models on display. We know the Lariat ER has about 1450 pounds of payload, but don't know anything about the Pro/XLT/Platinum.

6. Do all trims have standard wheel well liners?

7. Any plans for a Rattler/Tremor/Raptor variant for this generation?

8. Are there recs for installation of a snow plow, winch or other high-load accessories? The Lightning has a smaller 12 volt battery than the gas versions.

Lariat ER sticker
Ford F-150 Lightning Exclusive look @ F-150 Lightning next week at SEMA Garage! Post your questions & requests! 1649339995317

Platinum window sticker
Ford F-150 Lightning Exclusive look @ F-150 Lightning next week at SEMA Garage! Post your questions & requests! 1649340022152

Last edited:

Easycamper

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 XLT 5.0L, 2018 PacHy, 2013 Volt
If it’s not covered by wheel liners I’d be interested in some pics of where the bed mates with the frame at the rear wheels. Might seem odd but I’m trying to see how difficult it would be to install fifth wheel hitch rails.

EVBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Volt, 2018 GS Corvette, 22 Lightning bw 5/9
Occupation
Engineering Manager
1. This is probably the biggest outstanding question that I have: I'd like to know why the Platinum has a faster charging time listed on the window sticker than the Lariat Extended Range. The Platinum sticker says that you can charge it in 9.3 hours using a 240 volt outlet whereas the Lariat takes 10.1 hours. There shouldn't be any hardware difference between the two other than standard Max Tow.

2. What exactly does the Max Tow option do? Does it give you a different cooling hardware or is it just software programming? Does it affect charging speeds (see question #1).

3. Are there any interesting Frunk accessories planned (OEM or aftermarket)? I'd love to see a camp kitchen and some sort of tool management system.

4. Will Ford offer OEM power-deployed running boards? They've been deleted for MY22 and many of us would like to add them after delivery if possible.

5. Would like to see the yellow door GVWR/payload stickers on all of the models on display. We know the Lariat ER has about 1450 pounds of payload, but don't know anything about the Pro/XLT/Platinum.

8. Are there recs for installation of a snow plow, winch or other high-load accessories? The Lightning has a smaller 12 volt battery than the gas versions.

Lariat ER sticker
1649339995317.png

Platinum window sticker
1649340022152.png
I would agree with item #8 above as I am interested in the ability to add a snow plow that I already own.

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
Another question is if they expect to have crash ratings before end users get a truck?

Sponsored

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L

Lariat ER sticker
1649339995317.png

Platinum window sticker
1649340022152.png
The Extended range has a faster charge time on DC Fast Charging and the 80A Charge Station pro, due to the dual built in inverters. Single range only has one inverter. (From how I understand it)

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Plumber
The Extended range has a faster charge time on DC Fast Charging and the 80A Charge Station pro, due to the dual built in inverters. Single range only has one inverter. (From how I understand it)
All of the extended range models have dual converters, so the Lariat ER should have the same level 2 charging speeds. The Lariat ER and Platinum window stickers show two different charging durations and there hasn't been any official explanation for this discrepency.

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Is ford working with companies like electrify America to ensure there will be some pull through fast chargers? I don't want to unhook my trailer every 100 miles to charge.

They'll dismiss this next comment but they need faster charging rates. Trucks should be 350kw capable so we're not sitting at chargers for hours on end.

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
Hi Krista, I know I’m late with my question, but I haven’t yet seen that the Pro will have cruise control. I’m 99+% sure it will, and would not even have thought to ask about it until it turned out the base Maverick doesn’t have it. Thank you for offering to ask all these questions for us!

OP
OP
Bronco.Babe.Krista
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Bronco
Occupation
YouTuber @BuckleUpButtercupTV
I watch your Bronco channel!?. Would you please ask if they plan on more Pro Standard Range being offered than they did for 2022, when the 2023 ordering opens up? I think that’s a question a lot of us would like to know. Thank you!
Thank you for the support :)

Sponsored

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
The Lariat ER and Platinum window stickers show two different charging durations and there hasn't been any official explanation for this discrepency.
The Plat has Max Tow whereas the Lariat ER does not.
Doubtful she gets a better explanation than that.

As for myself, I'm curious whether the Lariat comes with an integrated tailgate step. It's been shown in videos but isn't on the build sheets.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Plumber
The Plat has Max Tow whereas the Lariat ER does not.
Doubtful she gets a better explanation than that.
Both of the window stickers are from vehicles that have Max Tow, so that doesn't explain the discrepancy.

As for myself, I'm curious whether the Lariat comes with an integrated tailgate step. It's been shown in videos but isn't on the build sheets.
The build and price tool states that the Lariat SR and ER have an integrated tailgate step.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
Both of the window stickers are from vehicles that have Max Tow, so that doesn't explain the discrepancy.

The build and price tool states that the Lariat SR and ER have an integrated tailgate step.
The tests are conducted at stock configuration; even though that specific vehicle window sticker has max tow on it, the tests aren't conducted for each vehicle individually and those data aren't tailored to the sticker configuration.

After someone mentioned the concern over the tailgate on reddit I went back through the build and price tool and could not find what you're mentioning. I either missed it or it's been changed so if you have a screenshot of what you're reading/referring to I'd like to see it, please.

Ford F-150 Lightning Exclusive look @ F-150 Lightning next week at SEMA Garage! Post your questions & requests! Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 10.56.51 AM

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Plumber
The tests are conducted at stock configuration; even though that specific vehicle window sticker has max tow on it, the tests aren't conducted for each vehicle individually and those data aren't tailored to the sticker configuration.
Yes, this has been speculated for weeks, but it has not been confirmed by Ford. I'm more interested in knowing if that means that Level 3 charging curves will also be faster with Max Tow.

As for the tailgate step, open the build-and-price tool and click on the "i" I circled. You can see all of the standard options on that page.

I'm not sure why you're worried about the step on the Lariat--it's been shown multiple times on preproduction models with the signature lighting tailgate...

Ford F-150 Lightning Exclusive look @ F-150 Lightning next week at SEMA Garage! Post your questions & requests! 1649875802403