Sponsored

Enable the ability to use Ford Navigation keyboard on screen while in motion (Disabled by default)

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Would any of you Forscan gurus mind testing out browsing through music on your usb drives without someone in the passenger seat and report back if this works with the mod? Thank you!
Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
i just did the apim update. it took away the 911 assist on screen upper corner and in the big menu
i came in and update forscan to the latest change and will try again. seems i was using .45 and we .47 update? bad on me

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
ok even under latest forscan update the apim change takes away the 911 assist icon on top of screen and in the big screen under settings. so i put the module back to as built, as i want the 911 assist feature engaged. we have lots of LARGE critters that venture out at night on our two lane highways and a deer or cow in my lap might prevent me from calling 911

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
You are right. I remember now. It asks if you are the passenger. Sometimes even if no one is there it will ask you and allow it.
@Jesse-Infotainment
I tried it today with my wife in the passenger seat. Asked if i was passenger and let me input info while driving. Had to make sure i wasnt crazy lol.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
@Jesse-Infotainment
I tried it today with my wife in the passenger seat. Asked if i was passenger and let me input info while driving. Had to make sure i wasnt crazy lol.
interesting i have to figure out why mine is not keepign the 911 assist on.
thanks for update

Sponsored

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
interesting i have to figure out why mine is not keepign the 911 assist on.
thanks for update
@powerboatr
Mine is factory. I didnt make any of the changes. I was just verifying that you can do nav in motion if there is a passenger in my truck. The 911 assist may be a issue because your changing the Country Code data. Note really sure..

Maybe the folks that can't do nav in motion with a passenger need an update.

Last edited:

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
@powerboatr
Mine is factory. I didnt make any of the changes. I was just verifying that you can do nav in motion if there is a passenger in my truck. The 911 assist may be a issue because your changing the Country Code data. Note really sure..

Maybe the folks that can't do nav in motion with a passenger need an update.
mine never asked if i was passenger, just "features" unavailable in motion for my safety and stuff

and i just laughed Inst texas our own country code :eek:

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Sport 2.7EB SCrew 302A High
No worries at all and sounds good! I will try to attempt this as well, when I can! That is funny, any thoughts in using CarPlay (iPhone) or AndroidAuto (Samsung, etc) for your music, just like you would for hands-free calling? It’s pretty seemless and surprisingly, you can use any of the two while in motion as well.
I can't speak for Android but I use carplay pretty much exclusively, and it also locks out a lot of touch screen functions while in motion. For music, podcasts, etc I think it will display one screen of options but locks scrolling, prompting you to "use Siri" instead.

For me, it only becomes a nuisance when making a call that requires the keypad. There's no way to "press one for English" if you're in motion.

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F-150 Lariat | '22 Ford F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Firefighter Superintendent
I can't speak for Android but I use carplay pretty much exclusively, and it also locks out a lot of touch screen functions while in motion. For music, podcasts, etc I think it will display one screen of options but locks scrolling, prompting you to "use Siri" instead.

For me, it only becomes a nuisance when making a call that requires the keypad. There's no way to "press one for English" if you're in motion.
I know it’s impossible to use CarPlay as you’d like to while it’s in motion; just the way it is. However if your iPhone is jailbroken, you can actually use it while in motion. It’s annoying. Least the Sync 4 nav keyboard in-motion can be enabled using the keyboard either with the FORScan mod above or if your truck is updated and a “are you a passenger” notification pops up on the screen. I wish CarPlay had this option.

8good8

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Limited
does it work for Waze as well?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
does it work for Waze as well?
No, WAZE will always disable it on screen as its a stand-alone app, but you can still enter it through your phone in the app, even when in motion. I highly advise against using your phone while driving, best to enter the address before heading onto the road.

8good8

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Limited
No, WAZE will always disable it on screen as its a stand-alone app, but you can still enter it through your phone in the app, even when in motion. I highly advise against using your phone while driving, best to enter the address before heading onto the road.
thanks for answer.
Idea is that my Android Auto disconnects sometimes in the middle of driving. I have to disconnect the phone, input address in waze on phone again, then connect phone back to the car. these actions during driving are more dangerous, than simply allowing me to enter addres (I would just select recent address from history in one click). I tried two Android phones and both disconnect from Waze occasionally...

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
thanks for answer.
Idea is that my Android Auto disconnects sometimes in the middle of driving. I have to disconnect the phone, input address in waze on phone again, then connect phone back to the car. these actions during driving are more dangerous, than simply allowing me to enter addres (I would just select recent address from history in one click). I tried two Android phones and both disconnect from Waze occasionally...
You’re welcome! Yeah I understand, Apple CarPlay sometimes does that to people as well. Is your wireless app projection enabled? I know for Apple CarPlay you can use CarPlay wirelessly without disconnecting from the truck. It’s a feature this truck has, I’m not sure if this truck has wireless Android Auto?

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
The 911 assist may be a issue because your changing the Country Code data.
Pretty sure this is the issue, as you're changing the country code to UK (5753). There the emergency services number is 0118, 999, 88199, 9119, 725...3.

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
@hotrodmex ; Yes sir. If you enable this FORScan mod, 911 assist will be disabled in some F-150s. Best to check if 911 Assist tile has disappeared on the tiles screen.

**warning disclaimer and instructions is in the first post.
Sponsored