Sponsored

Connected Sync 4 Navigation monthly cost?

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Does anyone that only had the 90 day trial of connected services know of the monthly cost to keep it after the trial? I didn't get the 3 year trial with my 501a, only the 90 day one. I like how Ford stepped up their navigation with Sync 4, if its cheap enough I will keep, but if its $10 a month forget it, I will just use CarPlay google maps.
Sponsored

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
I currently have ATT as my regular phone service provider. I was quoted $20/mo.

Bbass5

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150
I currently have ATT as my regular phone service provider. I was quoted $20/mo.
Does that also include a line for WiFi in the truck? Or just navigation?

Bbass5

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150
Does anyone that only had the 90 day trial of connected services know of the monthly cost to keep it after the trial? I didn't get the 3 year trial with my 501a, only the 90 day one. I like how Ford stepped up their navigation with Sync 4, if its cheap enough I will keep, but if its $10 a month forget it, I will just use CarPlay google maps.
I'd say log in to your My Ford Account - click Connected Services - and follow the steps to see how much it would cost. Good luck!

https://owner.ford.com/support/how-...ord-sync-4-navigation-subscription-trial.html

markmad3

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat

Sponsored

OP
OP
mnstang

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Last edited:

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
What do the connected services consist of?

Presuming current traffic conditions on route. The nav is on board so nav will work without it… would they restrict updates to subscribers? what else?

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
What do the connected services consist of?

Presuming current traffic conditions on route. The nav is on board so nav will work without it… would they restrict updates to subscribers? what else?

If you only had the 90-day trial you will lose all navigation if you don’t subscribe.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...-know-if-its-being-broken-into--via-your.html

Connected Navigation Services
When you take delivery of your vehicle equipped with SYNC 4 with enhanced voice recognition, you’ll be automatically enrolled in a trial offer with either Connected Navigation (90-day trial)** or Connected Built-In Navigation (3 years of service).† Once your complimentary period ends, you can continue to enjoy the benefits of Connected Navigation services by enrolling through your owner’s account.
**Connected Navigation services require SYNC 4 and FordPass™ Connect (optional on select vehicles), complimentary connected service and the FordPass App (see FordPass terms for details). Eligible vehicles receive a complimentary 90-day trial of navigation services that begins on the new vehicle warranty start date. Customers must unlock the navigation service trial by activating the eligible vehicle with a FordPass member account. If not subscribed by the end of the complimentary period, the navigation service will terminate. Connected service and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features. The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply.

†Connected Built-In Navigation services require SYNC 4 and FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles), complimentary connected service and the FordPass App (see FordPass terms for details). Eligible vehicles receive a complimentary 3-year trial of navigation services that begins on the new vehicle warranty start date. Customers must unlock the navigation service trial by activating the eligible vehicle with a FordPass member account. If not subscribed by the end of the complimentary period, the connected navigation service will terminate, and the system will revert to embedded offline navigation. Connected service and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features. FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply.
If you have the Bulit-in NAV with the 3 year trial it will revert to non-connected Nav at the end of the trial. You will no longer get map updates, traffic, weather, gas prices, etc but the GPS will still work.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
If you only had the 90-day trial you will lose all navigation if you don’t subscribe.

If you have the Bulit-in NAV with the 3 year trial it will revert to non-connected Nav at the end of the trial. You will no longer get map updates, traffic, weather, gas prices, etc but the GPS will still work.
Thank you!

I think I had read that before but couldn’t really understand what would stop and what wouldn’t. Interesting that the connected nav completely stops. I guess in the case of connected nav it’s always downloading maps at the time of routing so that’s kinda cool I guess…. I would probably end up using car play instead of paying though, I guess it depends on my carrier data situation.

Sponsored

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
Any Canadians with experience here? if the price for subscription in the US is US$80, i assume we are going to be paying at least C$120 on straight conversion. Of course the CRTC may want to levy a "just coz you live in Canada fee" as well, so who knows it could be $200 a year of more...?

Any of my Canadian friends have any experience yet?

nighthawk283

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
94 F150, 12 Mustang, 21 F150 Super Cab
So without this feature you can't even search a address. The navigation is pretty much just a map.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Any Canadians with experience here? if the price for subscription in the US is US$80, i assume we are going to be paying at least C$120 on straight conversion. Of course the CRTC may want to levy a "just coz you live in Canada fee" as well, so who knows it could be $200 a year of more...?

Any of my Canadian friends have any experience yet?
I received an e mail wanting $123.00 to keep the nav. Android auto with Waze ot Google maps work better.

SRHAGEN

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XL SPRCAB Sport 4x4 V8 3.73 36 gl tank.
Occupation
DOD USAF test track ARMY RETIRED PMEL/TMDE
I didn’t activate mine for 3 weeks. I used my phone service to connect my truck. Navigation worked just fine with my Wi-Fi from sprint.
I have activated my free 3 month att and don’t know if they will disable it after it expires. I guess I’ll find out.
Sponsored