Sponsored

Enable the ability to use Ford Navigation keyboard on screen while in motion (Disabled by default)

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F-150 Lariat | '22 Ford F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Firefighter Superintendent
Ever wondered if you or a passenger wants to input the address while driving on the Ford Navigation screen but turns out you can't as Ford locked you out while the vehicle is in motion? Well thanks to @Livnitup, we finally can enable this feature! By using FORScan, you can enable this by changing the following steps and as ALWAYS, make a backup of the APIM module before attempting ANY changes so you can revert back to factory when needed:

APIM: 7D0-03-01 -> 5753 - xxxx - xx-- (change only the bolded numbers only, leave the "x" and dashes alone).

Once you have changed this, you will see it will get a little glitchy at first 2-3 times of cycling on and off. Cycle the truck 3-5 times or until it goes back to normal and you're good to go; this is the only time you have to do this. You can now use the factory navigation screen keyboard while moving. Note; not all trucks will need to cycle more than 5 times. You can also do a hard reboot about 1-2 times if needed but not necessary. Press and hold the POWER button and the ">>" button together for a few seconds, let the APIM and screen reboot to splash screen then let go; you should be good to go.

*do at your own risk.

This mod currently works on the following models as of this posting:
-'21 and '22 F-150 XLT
-'21 and '22 F-150 Lariat
-'21 F-150 Platinum

DISCLAIMER:
Some 2021 and 2022 F-150 owners have reported that 911 Assist gets disabled after this mod is written to the truck. While some owners' trucks are different, please check and see if this option is disabled/disappeared on your Sync 4 screen (Settings, 911 Assist; will be in tile form). If it is disappeared, it's up to you if you'd want to keep 911 Assist. If you do, just revert your changes back from your back up. If you don't care for 911 Assist, no changes needed after FORScan mod has been written. 22228

⚠UPDATE: Thanks to the heads up from @Jesse-Infotainment; those with Sync 4 version 22228 and above, this method is now rendered obsolete. I will update this thread when a new way has been found.
Sponsored

Last edited:

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Thanks for posting. Do you know if this mod also allows us to browse the USB media device in motion? (Without a passenger in the car...)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Thanks for posting. Do you know if this mod also allows us to browse the USB media device in motion? (Without a passenger in the car...)
No problem! I think it should, give it a try and report back?

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No problem! I think it should, give it a try and report back?
This would be my first foray into Forscan, and I'm rather tempted. It's silly how I can scroll through a huge contacts list and do so many other "distracting" things while driving, but I can't look through my USB music list. I'll let you know if I decide to go ahead!

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
This would be my first foray into Forscan, and I'm rather tempted. It's silly how I can scroll through a huge contacts list and do so many other "distracting" things while driving, but I can't look through my USB music list. I'll let you know if I decide to go ahead!
No worries at all and sounds good! I will try to attempt this as well, when I can! That is funny, any thoughts in using CarPlay (iPhone) or AndroidAuto (Samsung, etc) for your music, just like you would for hands-free calling? It’s pretty seemless and surprisingly, you can use any of the two while in motion as well.

Sponsored

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No worries at all and sounds good! I will try to attempt this as well, when I can! That is funny, any thoughts in using CarPlay (iPhone) or AndroidAuto (Samsung, etc) for your music, just like you would for hands-free calling? It’s pretty seemless and surprisingly, you can use any of the two while in motion as well.
Yeah, I've been kind of using a combination of Android Auto and Sync, depending on which source I want to listen to. I have like 60GB of music on my USB drive, so I do use that quite a bit. Still learning how to navigate the quirks of this system.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
does this make the 911 assist inoperable like it did for 21 super duties?
and speed sign confusion
thanks
"Navigation in Motion APIM 7D0-02-01 5753 xxxx xx-- Will change speed signs and voice - *** 911 Assist will be disabled with this enabled***" this was from my 2021 super duty forscan sheet

would this change adaptive cruise that read speed signs or would it only effect the screen display of speed
i have a 32gb usb stick loaded with all my music.. the NON scroll is a pita. but sync voice will allow a search of artist and seems to understand my dialect pretty good :eek:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
does this make the 911 assist inoperable like it did for 21 super duties?
and speed sign confusion
thanks
"Navigation in Motion APIM 7D0-02-01 5753 xxxx xx-- Will change speed signs and voice - *** 911 Assist will be disabled with this enabled***" this was from my 2021 super duty forscan sheet

would this change adaptive cruise that read speed signs or would it only effect the screen display of speed
i have a 32gb usb stick loaded with all my music.. the NON scroll is a pita. but sync voice will allow a search of artist and seems to understand my dialect pretty good :eek:
So far, no issues with the reading speed signs or effect the sign display at all. As for the 911 Assist, the option is still enabled in my settings but I'd rather not hit someone to find out if it is disabled or not 👀

The ford sync system is a 50/50 really, sometimes it doesn't pick up what you're saying even if you talk louder, clearer and slower lol, which annoys me a lot!

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
What about your traffic info and connected services?

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Pretty sure if someone is in my passenger seat I can input Nav info while driving. Could be remembering incorrectly but I’m almost certain.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Pretty sure if someone is in my passenger seat I can input Nav info while driving. Could be remembering incorrectly but I’m almost certain.
You are right. I remember now. It asks if you are the passenger. Sometimes even if no one is there it will ask you and allow it.

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
What about your traffic info and connected services?
All works! I use it a lot on weekends when I'm heading out for a mini-vacation. Love the NAV on Sync 4, alerts and shows me the red line on the screen where the traffic is populated, that's when I tend to avoid going that way. Ford did great with this screen and Sync 4 but agreed with many people, there are improvements are needed.

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
You are right. I remember now. It asks if you are the passenger. Sometimes even if no one is there it will ask you and allow it.
Doesn't work for me, as soon as I contacted Livnitup with a photo while I was still in motion and the keyboard was greyed out, I couldn't do anything. It didn't alert me if I was a passenger or not, nothing popped up.

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Doesn't work for me, as soon as I contacted Livnitup with a photo while I was still in motion and the keyboard was greyed out, I couldn't do anything. It didn't alert me if I was a passenger or not, nothing popped up.
Was someone in the passenger seat?

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Was someone in the passenger seat?
Yup, the fiancée was. I tried many times with no passenger as well, I figured maybe it was just glitchy or something but could be a “safety” issue, not sure. Reached out to him, he gave me the lines to test out and it worked right after, no issues so far and doesn’t interfere with anything as far as I’m aware of.
Sponsored