First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
I'm in the exact same position as you, I'm not sure if I might not already be at the 3.5.4 equivalent do to the updates I did in FDRS. We really need a file or strategy compare between a known 3.5.4 install and our trucks.
So in talking with Antho is appears that 3.5.4 is for the TCU update which I had already done. So if you updated it as well you won't get it either and we can be considered "up to date"
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
So in talking with Antho is appears that 3.5.4 is for the TCU update which I had already done. So if you updated it as well you won't get it either and we can be considered "up to date"
Yes.. i made a post already in this thread this morning about it..

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

kr33p302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150
Doing these upgrades needs to be done correctly. There is more than jsut hardware involved. You more than likely will never get another update it is the reality of doing these in the 21 and up. When I do them I do them to give the best possible chance of linking with Fords servers. I ship the correct hardware and the correct software. If you just install whatever APIM it will stop down fords servers for your truck and never release another update.

Fords servers will see a mismatch and blank out the software available for your truck.

Send me your vin and what version of sync software is in the APIM you installed and Ill see if there is a chance it will link or not.

Since the updates are stacked they wont release future updates because it sees the APIM is out dated.. aand will prevent other updates. They are all linked and tied together. I tell everyone if you are going to upgrade UPDATRE everything in the truck before you do or youll be in a world of hurt IF YOU CARE about updates. If you dont then enjoy the larger screen. If you do.. Its not fun... its not as simple as installing the old one either. Now it is blanked and may never resync.
Yea I understand I probably bricked my truck from updates but was wondering if I can update it manually with a cable and frds?

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Yea I understand I probably bricked my truck from updates but was wondering if I can update it manually with a cable and frds?
Nope. Updates OTA or FDRS>. same thing

kr33p302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150
So, there's no way my apim could be updated? im on version 21297 revision 253
vin# 1FTMF1C56NKF25380

Is there anyone who updates apims im willing to pay a fee if needed?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
So, there's no way my apim could be updated? im on version 21297 revision 253
vin# 1FTMF1C56NKF25380

Is there anyone who updates apims im willing to pay a fee if needed?

Im the only one that can update it. it would have to ship to me. Lucky for you the gateway and TCU are up to date.

Efalcon80z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch Power Boost
If I decide to purchase the mongoose cable, FDRS license, what other cables and adapters, etc do you recommend I get to update my truck and download all the software I need?

Sponsored

Ctimrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Have a 22 with version 22082 revision 411. Don’t drive much since I have a company car and have a poor ATT signal at our place (In town as well). I got my mongoose cable and charger this afternoon to do the updates (and Forscan). I have been reading and have learned a ton but still want clarification on some things before attempting this.

FDRS shows there are updates available for ABS, APIM, and BCM modules. Is it ok to update all of these? I thought I remember reading updating the BCM module could cause issues. Should I update In any certain order? Will updating these lead to any other updates that I shouldn’t do? Does manually updating prevent future OTA updates?

Thanks ahead of time for the help!

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) 5.0L RockyRidge K2
Also.. seems like Ford is pushing the BCM update out VIA OTA> The one that was killing headlight modules.

Wanting to let people know. I have confirmation it has been sent out.. If you see this update that is what it is. I hope they have fixed it..
1675264214251.png
I’m not being the gueina pig this time. I had to replace the LED module. LOL

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I’m not being the gueina pig this time. I had to replace the LED module. LOL
Yeah and that why Im posting this its going out OTA.. So people know If this update shows up you know what it is.. It is not available in FDRS>

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Also.. seems like Ford is pushing the BCM update out VIA OTA> The one that was killing headlight modules.

Wanting to let people know. I have confirmation it has been sent out.. If you see this update that is what it is. I hope they have fixed it..
1675264214251.png
Thanks for making my license plates....lighter? What in the world could Ford be doing. They are either on, or off

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks for making my license plates....lighter? What in the world could Ford be doing. They are either on, or off
Explains the issue with the headlights they were doing something with the lighting
Sponsored