Sponsored

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Hey Mitch,

Thanks for the reply and the push that I might need to knock this out! I know if I take my time and truly read the instructions I should be successful in the installation. I was just hoping someone in my area that has successfully done one before can help, but you're right and I should give it a try! Definitely be a good way to challenge me and become more tech-savvy lol

Thanks,
You may want to post where in Dallas you live, as there are many on here from the Dallas area. I bought all of my stuff to do the update this week, now I just need to wait until I have the time to update everything late next week. Several on here have offered help if I need, and assume they would do the same for you.

Also, there have been some recent reports of people magically getting OTAs recently after getting stuck on 1.7.1 for the past several months. I'm still secretly hoping mine gets fixed before next weekend when I do it myself, but maybe I'll get lucky.
Sponsored

My42waffles

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 power boost 157, lightning reservation
Occupation
Maintenance
is there someone that would be willing to check and see if there is an update for my truck that might have been missed somehow. dealer had truck for 10 days and truck shows as active for blue cruise as of tuesday but it caused the collision system to freak out at the same time.

1FTFW1ED1MFA77196
or maybe someone can point me in the right direction for where to start looking

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
is there someone that would be willing to check and see if there is an update for my truck that might have been missed somehow. dealer had truck for 10 days and truck shows as active for blue cruise as of tuesday but it caused the collision system to freak out at the same time.

1FTFW1ED1MFA77196
or maybe someone can point me in the right direction for where to start looking
You IPMA did not get Configured correctly. That needs to be fixed. Other than that you are set to go

My42waffles

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Maintenance
You IPMA did not get Configured correctly. That needs to be fixed. Other than that you are set to go
is it an as built setting or wrong version? dealer service tech was working with 2 separate ford engineering teams since monday i think and working late. if its an as built i want to try it.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
is it an as built setting or wrong version? dealer service tech was working with 2 separate ford engineering teams since monday i think and working late. if its an as built i want to try it.
You can fix with Forscan the very top line of the IPMA 706-01-01

make it

8A50 A215 AE4E

that will get you resolved. Everything else looks good. There are maybe a couple other things we may need to correct but this will get you going with BC

My42waffles

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Maintenance
So I set it to 8A50 A219 AE52 since I have glare free set up but I first tried just the AE in the last part and got the pre collision assist not available that the dealer was getting. Do you know what module feature tja might be as disabling that as you suggested got rid of the collision alert?? That would be the 4th position

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
For Blue Cruise You have to have it set to what I had shown. The 9 For glare free is fine. But thats why it flipped on the config. Because you had that set. Im willing to bet you have DTC about config noty compatible. Show me a pic of the DTCs in Forscan

You may need to recalibrate the IPMA lane keep cam to get the Collision and Blue cruise to work and get rid of collision not available

It has to be set to the 8A50 A219 AE

Show me the DTCs you have though I am sure you have some

My42waffles

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Maintenance
when i had it set to 8A58 A219 AE is when i got the pre collision assist not available on the ipc which is why my truck spent extra days at the dealer. i have it now set to 8A50 A219 AE and do not get that. i was mainly asking as if mfctja (the only thing changed there) is not something i need as i was going to let my dealer know so they can tell the ford people they were in contact with and maybe get the other truck they have there for the same issue fixed. i will be testing my truck for blue cruise tomorrow since that is the next time i will be near a BC road. i do apologize if i caused some confusion with my question.

the only code I get is u2101 with it set that way

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
when i had it set to 8A58 A219 AE is when i got the pre collision assist not available on the ipc which is why my truck spent extra days at the dealer. i have it now set to 8A50 A219 AE and do not get that. i was mainly asking as if mfctja (the only thing changed there) is not something i need as i was going to let my dealer know so they can tell the ford people they were in contact with and maybe get the other truck they have there for the same issue fixed. i will be testing my truck for blue cruise tomorrow since that is the next time i will be near a BC road. i do apologize if i caused some confusion with my question.

the only code I get is u2101 with it set that way
Oh I thought you were saying you still had an issue.

Yes. The 8 at the end of the first 4 conflict with the config when going to E. All Job 1 BC trucks config to the same as what I told you. Without exception.

You can tell them but they have no way to edit as build. If you dont have any lights on now your BC will work fine.

The only thing I can tell you is every truck and situation is different. THis was your issue but may not be the next person. this issue can be caused by other things as well. So it has to be looked at case by case.

u2100 is initial config not Complete which is a as build DTC. It sets when new modules were not PMI.
Since your truck wont config correctly until Ford servers tell it to. @islandboy47 had the same issue as you.

Sponsored

My42waffles

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Maintenance
i wonder if the tech got tired and didn't notice or something since i was told he went in and manually entered the as built at least 3 different times prior to today. than you very much for your help. it is very much appreciated.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
No problem. The only thing they can do is run configuration they have no ability to manually edit as build like Forscan. They only can run configuration and PMI. They did run each of those about 10 times. The problem is people with as build mods have experienced issues with configs. That’s why it is best to revert the changes in the IPC and ipma prior to doing these updates.

you should be good to go now. I think you’ll need to do more work on the ipma later I’ll have to look at the overall ipma data.

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
Got the rest of the available updates tonight. For those of you who own a 2021 Job1 Lariat w/o BC, the updates after 21281_PRODUCT Revision: 244 (OTA 2.3.0) are quick for non BC trucks.

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS IMG_20220429_211132490_HDR (002)

MitchCox

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum
I finished up all the updates today, Thanks again to all those before me that helped determine the path to get this done.

Now I am just curious. What are these for? The Programmable features. There is one for the Sound System Upgrade. I am wondering what this does. Has anyone tried it to see if it gives you any more configuration settings? Any ideas on what this does? I have the unleashed system and was hoping for more configuration options. such as better eq, possibly a driver setting, so I can hear the stereo out of my headrest without disturbing the passengers, etc. PRobably dreaming but wondering if I should give this install a try since I have the license for a few more hours.

Thanks again.
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1651286772952

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
The ACM is for the Kicker upgrade, I don't remember what the IPC was for. If you download them you can read their explanations.
Sponsored