Sponsored

morrisosu

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.5 PB
Just FYI that IPC update via CAN is rough. I let it run overnight and came back to a prompt on the dash indicating a 12v system low voltage (even though I have a constant 14.2v power supply connected). I'm not sure what happened, FDRS voltage meter was 13.8v, so something seems wonky.
Sponsored

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Black Widow
Hey guys, been lurking around for a while and would just like to report my success here. I'm not sure if I was lucky but I was using a old Drew tech mongoose for honda, not the new opus mongoose. I did the 1.7.1 fix with adaptors and did all the updates. The only issue I had was I bricked the abs unit and the whole truck didn't start but had ign. Had a purple box in the abs, big shout out to @Jesse-Infotainment for helping me fix that. I believe FDRS only downloaded one file and was missing one other file. He sideloaded my original and it was back to normal. Had that restart loop at the GWM but I just yanked the battery and got over it. Everything went pretty quick except the ipc which was 4hr 10min.

I don't recommend anyone using other then the approved cable. I just use my honda mongoose as a test to see if it can do anything at all since I have it already.

Truck is 302a no bc, no 360
What version are you at now? There are a few of us with your same configuration that have been stuck at 244.

phileefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 3.5L PowerBoost 302A SCREW
Occupation
Maintenance Electrician
@Jesse-Infotainment,

Is there anywhere I can see what version power up my job 2 f150 is? My Sync version is 21223 revision 197. Thanks.....

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Just FYI that IPC update via CAN is rough. I let it run overnight and came back to a prompt on the dash indicating a 12v system low voltage (even though I have a constant 14.2v power supply connected). I'm not sure what happened, FDRS voltage meter was 13.8v, so something seems wonky.
You may have to do it again too. It’s two part so if that was part one fca and fda is part two. Depends on if you have a power boost or not on the intermediate files. Make sure you run both halves.
@Jesse-Infotainment,

Is there anywhere I can see what version power up my job 2 f150 is? My Sync version is 21223 revision 197. Thanks.....
Power up is only in reference to OTAs. You cant really cross them over to manual updates. I have posted what each OTA was. But 1.7.1 for example was APIM only. 2.3.0 was APIM and TCU so if you were to install those manually the Power up version would not reflect anywhere in your history.

You are a Job2 with that version of sync.. THere hasnt been an OTA sent out to those trucks yet with the exception of a gateway update to correct blue cruise maps.

You are at the base version that truck shipped at.

phileefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 3.5L PowerBoost 302A SCREW
Occupation
Maintenance Electrician
You may have to do it again too. It’s two part so if that was part one fca and fda is part two. Depends on if you have a power boost or not on the intermediate files. Make sure you run both halves.

Power up is only in reference to OTAs. You cant really cross them over to manual updates. I have posted what each OTA was. But 1.7.1 for example was APIM only. 2.3.0 was APIM and TCU so if you were to install those manually the Power up version would not reflect anywhere in your history.

You are a Job2 with that version of sync.. THere hasnt been an OTA sent out to those trucks yet with the exception of a gateway update to correct blue cruise maps.

You are at the base version that truck shipped at.
Now I understand, thanks for the clarification. I wasn't sure. Thank you......

Sponsored

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
The APIM 1.7.1 update started tonight when I got home. Left the truck alone for about 45 minutes and then I checked it. It didn't tell me to remove the USB drive but I now have a version number and I can enable updates again. Right now, the dash is illuminated and I haven't removed the drive, any ideas?

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
The APIM 1.7.1 update started tonight when I got home. Left the truck alone for about 45 minutes and then I checked it. It didn't tell me to remove the USB drive but I now have a version number and I can enable updates again. Right now, the dash is illuminated and I haven't removed the drive, any ideas?
I guess it took, I never did see a message to remove the USB but when I checked it again it said the update was already installed.

graves1907

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction Manager
Digging through these comments have my mongoose on the way. Is there an updated document from the first page or is that the best place to start? Officially done waiting on Ford and Ford dealerships.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Digging through these comments have my mongoose on the way. Is there an updated document from the first page or is that the best place to start? Officially done waiting on Ford and Ford dealerships.
The doc that @Bob_Mac did is still your best bet

Sponsored

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Okay guys, I hope I haven't missed where this has been discussed before, I've been at it for 7 hours today and I've re-read the last 100 pages of the thread and didn't see this. After the IPC update I have a U2100, which is not surprising, but I can't PMI it. The PMI fails every time (i've tried 5 times now).

I am using a mongoose, I ran the checks and they all passed. All my modules updated fine except the IPC.

The only DTCs I have are the IPC U2100 and the TRM I have always had

NetworkScan.jpg

Here is the self test on the IPC

IPC.jpg

Once I run the IPC PMI, it tells me to turn off the engine, I find this odd because the progress bar is still climbing on collecting data. However I've let that status bar fill up, and it just wraps around. I've also tried not turning it off, or turning if off and back on, none of those produce a successful result.

PowerOff.jpg

As soon as I click OK from the prompt, no matter what I have done, I get a failure message:

Procedures Unsuccessful - GetFilesForPMI

Exception getting flash part numbers.

Fail_MSG.jpg

I'm really stumped on this one, hoping someone has an idea. I was hoping to get my F150 and Mach-E done non a 2-day license, but at this pace I'll be lucky just to get the truck done.

Thanks for any input.
Mach-E owner here, but I've been reading through this exceptionally informative thread since I've been trying to DIY my Bluecruise updates as well. Using a Mongoose, latest FDRS, but I think I am stuck on the IPC since I have no updates left but am still stuck on sync v244. I get the exact same error when I try to PMI my IPC except I don't have any DTCs at baseline. I saw some replies stating that you just need to wait a day, but I've tried this on several occasions over the course of a week or two and I still get the same message...