Sponsored

Early (Job1?) 2021 models, without having purchased an extended BlueCruise subscription, no longer have hands-free available

r6express

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
I took the truck out for a test drive today, first day of 2024. Even though the SYNC version screen still shows "Hands-free driving" available until Oct 3, 2074, it has in fact been disabled. The non-hands-free BlueCruise (basically just Lane Keep Assist) still functions, however.

I have not purchased the $600/3 yr BlueCruise subscription because my truck has not received any software updates since September and I don't feel the quality of the current version of BlueCruise justifies any further expense over the initial BlueCruise Active Prep package I've already spent.

So I'm sharing this in case others were curious if their truck, which may also not have been receiving updates like mine, really would deactivate BlueCruise when this older SYNC version shows it will remain enabled until 2074. That is proven now to be false information being displayed. I was hopeful that perhaps Ford would need to push another update down to disable BlueCruise, which at least would allow me to start receiving updates again. That also is proven now to be not the case.

There is a thin ray of sunshine in this post, though. I did login to Ford.com just now and I see the $600/3 yr subscription offer is still available. I didn't see any specific expiration date on that offer which is another reason I didn't rush into purchasing it. I know others speculated it would only be available through the end of December, and that also is now proven to be incorrect.
Sponsored

JasonATL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
The deal for us with 2021s was supposed to be good through yesterday. If it is still there and you think you will want it I would jump on it else you are paying $75 per month or $800 a year.

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired
I took the truck out for a test drive today, first day of 2024. Even though the SYNC version screen still shows "Hands-free driving" available until Oct 3, 2074, it has in fact been disabled. The non-hands-free BlueCruise (basically just Lane Keep Assist) still functions, however.

I have not purchased the $600/3 yr BlueCruise subscription because my truck has not received any software updates since September and I don't feel the quality of the current version of BlueCruise justifies any further expense over the initial BlueCruise Active Prep package I've already spent.

So I'm sharing this in case others were curious if their truck, which may also not have been receiving updates like mine, really would deactivate BlueCruise when this older SYNC version shows it will remain enabled until 2074. That is proven now to be false information being displayed. I was hopeful that perhaps Ford would need to push another update down to disable BlueCruise, which at least would allow me to start receiving updates again. That also is proven now to be not the case.

There is a thin ray of sunshine in this post, though. I did login to Ford.com just now and I see the $600/3 yr subscription offer is still available. I didn't see any specific expiration date on that offer which is another reason I didn't rush into purchasing it. I know others speculated it would only be available through the end of December, and that also is now proven to be incorrect.
I am curious .... did you get the $600 software rebate/refund when you purchased your truck showing the bluecruise was not available yet ?

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired
The deal for us with 2021s was supposed to be good through yesterday. If it is still there and you think you will want it I would jump on it else you are paying $75 per month or $800 a year.
I purchased this deal in hopes ford will come through with 7.0 updates ! My subscription was updated today to 1/1/2027 but not billed yet.

JasonATL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
I purchased this deal in hopes ford will come through with 7.0 updates ! My subscription was updated today to 1/1/2027 but not billed yet.
I did the same thing and no charge as of yet either. Connected Services in the FordPass app shows BlueCruise extended to 01/01/27 this morning for me.

Sponsored

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I would like to see a report from Ford showing how many people are willing to pay to keep using Bluecruise. I thought it was neat to use the first couple times and then never used it again.

sitholepaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F150 Xlt supercrew sport 2.7 ecoboost
Mine expired as well. Won’t renew. Here in Canada it’s almost useless. Not a lot of highways support it. Drove from Winnipeg, Manitoba to Canmore, Alberta which is about 1400 kms and only 35 kms had bluecruise available.

JasonATL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
I would like to see a report from Ford showing how many people are willing to pay to keep using Bluecruise. I thought it was neat to use the first couple times and then never used it again.
Would be interesting to understand how many did take the offer? The next quarterly report will be interesting if it can be approximated based on revenue breakdowns. I doubt they will say x thousands of vehicles paid for additional 3 years.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
I'll think about paying for it when BC 1.4 actually rolls out to 21MY trucks and is proven to actually be better by forum members.

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
This post is definitely a little misleading. Blue Cruise is working perfectly fine on my 21. The about screen shows 10-3-74. My connected services shows 2-9-25 as the expiration (3 years from when it was first activated).

I use it every single day and find it a very valuable service and plan to renew when it does expire.

Sponsored

OP
OP

r6express

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This post is definitely a little misleading. Blue Cruise is working perfectly fine on my 21. The about screen shows 10-3-74. My connected services shows 2-9-25 as the expiration (3 years from when it was first activated).

I use it every single day and find it a very valuable service and plan to renew when it does expire.
I had no intention of trying to be misleading nor persuade anyone's opinion. There have been a number of uncertainties related to BlueCruise that neither Ford customer service nor the online community was able to answer with full confidence. I was attempting to post facts as I have observed them which finally address those uncertainties.

I've updated the subject. Do you find the post content misleading as well?

OP
OP

r6express

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am curious .... did you get the $600 software rebate/refund when you purchased your truck showing the bluecruise was not available yet ?
I didn't get a rebate/refund but technically I'm the second owner even though it had less than 1k miles on it when the dealer listed it for sale. It's was built in May of 2021 if that helps.

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
FORD hasn‘t been able to move my truck off 4.3.4 for over three months, but less then 24 hours they were able to remove BC . Next thing they will do is require a subscription to Ford Pass to allow you to remote start and a few other things thru the app. Certainly not renewing BC for the a few roads around here .

Fourthewin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Real Estate
By the Comma Openpilot 3x and never think about bluecruise ever again. There’s an entire active thread on here about it. Far superior driving experience than BC will ever be.

OP
OP

r6express

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
By the Comma Openpilot 3x and never think about bluecruise ever again. There’s an entire active thread on here about it. Far superior driving experience than BC will ever be.
Yes! I maintain several open source software projects myself, so I'd prefer to send money in that direction anyway. Ford's $600/3yr offer, combined with the hope that Ford would continue maintaining the software in this truck, was the only reason I considered purchasing the subscription. But if they don't send an update to my truck in the next couple of months I'll either sell the truck or go with OpenPilot.
Sponsored