Don’t be me...just don’t

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Locked my keys in the truck. Yes, it is possible! Got out and hit the black lock button on the handle, but didn’t hear anything. So, instinctively, I hit the 7/8 & 9/0 buttons to lock it. Got about 20 ft from the truck when I realized what I had done.

1.) Either memorize or change the door code when you get the truck (I did neither)

2.) If it isn’t locking, figure out why before manually locking it with the buttons. Something is likely not right.

Just picked it up from the dealer, who was doing some warranty work. They pulled it up and left the keys in the console. Thought they were in my pocket, as usual.
Sponsored

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
I did that too. Was surprised it was possible. But I just happened to have entered a code on day 1, so after a few tries I got code right.
I was at home though so spare key was inside. But good time to test. Lesson learned. Should put it in tips and tricks thread.

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
Ditto from my salesperson

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
First thing that I did was take a picture of the card with the factory door unlock code with my phone.

I also programmed in a custom code and at least for my truck, the code came on a business card that's also in my wallet.

My next task is putting a twenty dollar bill in my owner's manual, since, while I am good at remembering things; outside forces can distract enough that mistakes happen...

Just last night, I left home without my wallet and only realized it when I got out of the truck at the grocery store. Even though it's less than five miles round trip, it was a twenty minute mistake because of all the traffic lights in my city :/ all I needed was a baguette!

Sponsored

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
.....Just last night, I left home without my wallet and only realized it when I got out of the truck at the grocery store. Even though it's less than five miles round trip, it was a twenty minute mistake because of all the traffic lights in my city :/ all I needed was a baguette!
I have a round, tin cookie container that I put all fobs and my wallet in. It is decorative so it is not an eye sore on the table. Never forgot the wallet since I started with this routine years ago.
Your location: Arizona. Pump me some heat. It is starting to warm up here but I could always use that hot dry air. My favorite vacation place.

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
I reprogrammed mine before I left the lot. I bet that will never happen to you again:giggle:

texag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Silverado
I’ve been having a hard time remembering to grab my phone off the wireless charger when I hop out of the truck. I put it on there and close the cover and completely forget about it.

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I’ve been having a hard time remembering to grab my phone off the wireless charger when I hop out of the truck. I put it on there and close the cover and completely forget about it.
Oh, that would be an easy thing to do. Out of sight and out of mind.:)

Rgwinn

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
I like the Ford pass app too. Works well

Sponsored

OP
OP
05RubiconLJ

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Crap...I forgot about FordPass

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
For two reasons, I put my phone on airplane mode whenever I drive and in a secure pocket. I know that a lot of people can't but it's really the best option for avoiding distracted driving, even with hands-free use.

The number one reason though is that I always used to carry my phone in an inside pocket of my motorcycle jacket, it was really for no reason other than it being most convenient. I gave it further thought though after speaking with a bartender who crashed his bike on an empty road and his cell phone was in his tank bag on the motorcycle. He broke a leg and an arm and injured his liver as well. Where he landed was an hour's crawl away from his cell phone and it took an additional half hour for EMS to arrive.

Because of that and the possibility of car jacking or other crazy scenarios, my phone stays in my pocket.

With all the technology and cellular plans getting bundled or pretty cheap, I am surprised that they haven't gone back to old school sty car phones that are integrated into the car.
Sponsored