Sponsored

Does the trailer camera show up in the SYNC “card deck” at speed?

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
Before I purchase a trailer camera from Ford, I would like to hear from those who have it today.

I do have cameras at speed, but will need to add the trailer tech harness (I have the 2-wire variant) to add TPMS and potentially the trailer camera.

Does the trailer camera show up as a card in the side bar of the SYNC screen, or it is only available as a full screen while at speed? All I see in the camera card deck is the bed camera, but that just be that I have not installed a trailer camera yet.

My goal is to get to the integrated Yaw, TPMS & Camera and have no additional screens on the dash while traveling.
Sponsored

glockcopbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Project Manager
Not sure if you will get an answer on this. Ford officially never released the trailer camera for the F-150. it is only available for the super duty trucks. Several people have posted there hits and misses trying to use these on the F-150. To me its not worth the cost to find that it doesn't work.

Maybe someone will post an update to their camera working now that Ford did the software upgrade or Ford will release an actual f-150 version (unless they did and i didn't see it yet?).

My understanding of how the cameras works on the super duty, is you switch between the tailgate camera (that displays in the larger side of the screen) and the trailer camera. With the new software update, i assume you can now get a full screen view.

It would be nice to not have the extra screen blocking the windshield to see out the back of the trailer. Pickups are for pulling trailers. This isn't a new thing so why they never spent more time on safety drives me nuts.

maecomotorsport

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited
Occupation
Race Car Fabrication
I installed the harness and camera/TPMS/sway control kit on a 2021 F150 Limited Job 1 and activated it with FORScan. Everything works. The trailer camera is full screen.

Sponsored

DW2020

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PB
I added the trailer camera to my 2021 F150 KR Job 1. I concur, the trailer camera is only available full screen. Available at speed or while stopped through cameras selection menu.

The one exception is with pro trailer back-up you can see the trailer camera and side view cameras all together while reversing in this mode.

Trailer camera does not show in the side card. I looked in Forscan and no option to enable. Given the camera type is quite similar to the bed cam, perhaps someday it will be possible.

Don, one suggestion to be aware of is you may need to make Forscan tweaks as well as the harness. Not hard or challenging but just in case you had reservations about Forscan.

OP
OP
don.mullins

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
Thanks for all the comments. Based on what I am hearing, I might want to stick with a third party camera solution - I really use my trailer camera frequently today and tend to be using navigation as well, and not having it always up would be a bother to me.

I will look into adding the Ford trailer TMPS to my Yaw sensor setup of today.
Sponsored