Sponsored

Does the Trailer Tow Package use the new single spring setup or the Max Tow multi-spring setup?

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
This forum is so educational, it's saved me from making some mistakes when I order my Powerboost Platinum next week. There's just one more thing I'd like to be sure of before I pull the trigger, and that is this: Does the Trailer Tow package use the new single spring setup or does it use the Max Tow multi-spring setup. My objective is a soft ride, not the maximum towing ability. I know the Tow Technology package uses a single spring but if the Trailer Tow package gives increased towing capacity with a soft ride that would be the sweet spot. Thanks
Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
This forum is so educational, it's saved me from making some mistakes when I order my Powerboost Platinum next week. There's just one more thing I'd like to be sure of before I pull the trigger, and that is this: Does the Trailer Tow package use the new single spring setup or does it use the Max Tow multi-spring setup. My objective is a soft ride, not the maximum towing ability. I know the Tow Technology package uses a single spring but if the Trailer Tow package gives increased towing capacity with a soft ride that would be the sweet spot. Thanks
It is 2 or 3 leaves, I don't know how it affects the ride stiffness. I'm not sure if you meant leaves in the single spring, or actual multi spring. The are listed as multi *stage* and the main one is multi *leaf*. If you have Powerboost, Max Tow, or HDPP you get 3 leaves.

Ford F-150 Does the Trailer Tow Package use the new single spring setup or the Max Tow multi-spring setup? 1613062310304

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Mine has no tow package and the tow tech package. It has the multi-leaf springs. It's also a powerboost.

OP
OP
cool rod

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
Thanks for the replies, I think that clears it up. The Powerboost is a must have item, and it looks like that means I'll also get the multi-spring setup whether I prefer it or not. In that case I'll add the Tow Package and get the much increased towing capacity. I may never need it but who knows...

Cheers
Sponsored