Sponsored

Does adding Adaptive Steering speed up Platinum orders?

cfrea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
So I was searching local inventory on the Ford website and every window sticker I looked at for Platinums had Adaptive Steering added to it. I'm wondering if this is speeds up getting a build date?

I know there has been some discussion that it does, but is this confirmed? Just a rumor?
Sponsored

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster, 2022 F150 Platty
I don't think it matters but what appears to be clear is if you want a truck fast order an XLT or a Lariat. I'm told my "Platty" is "Unscheduled clean", which would appear to mean that there isn't anything holding it up and I don't have adaptive cruise.

Last edited:

Wedge

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Platinum PB
In my experience, yes it was literally the only thing that got me scheduled after nearly 6 months.

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW 335i
I don't see the Adaptive Steering option in Ford's Build and Price configurator.

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don't see the Adaptive Steering option in Ford's Build and Price configurator.
You won't find it in the B&P, it's in the order guide book - code 17A.

Attachments

Sponsored

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was just given a VIN number with a build date and I don't have adaptive steering..

Last edited:

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Crew Cab Plat 6.5'
So I was searching local inventory on the Ford website and every window sticker I looked at for Platinums had Adaptive Steering added to it. I'm wondering if this is speeds up getting a build date?

I know there has been some discussion that it does, but is this confirmed? Just a rumor?
It was confirmed as a hold for Plats and KR in November (you would not get a build without it). No idea if that continues today. We did see in December(?) that KRs and Plats were on very limited availability, and then in Feb that upper trims seemed to be slowing due to chip (component) inventory issues.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...2022-f-150-order-granger-ford.353/post-162054

Hard to say if AS would help on orders now.

Anyone have any other official news on this?

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See my comment above. I do not have AS, at 10 weeks from order entry I have a VIN with a build date .

Last edited:

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
It certainly did last year not sure if that’s still the case or not Now. Based on the above response at least one truck is scheduled but not built yet.

F150SWPlat

First Name
Aleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 2021-2022
Occupation
IT
I finally gave in and added AS to my order. Platinum powerboost 6.5. Order date 9/22/2021. What i should have done is added it the first time i saw that platinums without it were not scheduling in November. At the time I thought, a week or two and they will start picking up platinums without AS. Huge f ing mistake with that gamble. 5 months since order date i still don't have a VIN.

Sponsored

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
I finally gave in and added AS to my order. Platinum powerboost 6.5. Order date 9/22/2021. What i should have done is added it the first time i saw that platinums without it were not scheduling in November. At the time I thought, a week or two and they will start picking up platinums without AS. Huge f ing mistake with that gamble. 5 months since order date i still don't have a VIN.
I agree it cost you that time. I imagine you would had your truck before New Years otherwise…or just after

OP
OP

cfrea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Your dealer should have told you that. There was a bulletin back then

F150SWPlat

First Name
Aleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 2021-2022
Occupation
IT
Your dealer should have told you that. There was a bulletin back then
It was the other way around - I told my dealer about that particular AS bulletin.

You really think the dealer or the salesperson have more information than we do on the forums. Think again.

F150SWPlat

First Name
Aleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 2021-2022
Occupation
IT
I agree it cost you that time. I imagine you would had your truck before New Years otherwise…or just after

The real issue for me was, i actually did not want adaptive steering on my truck to begin with. It’s yet another motor in the steering wheel that will eventually wear out or break. That was the real reason I hesitated to add it when i found out the lack of AS was causing scheduling delays. But in hindsight, if i knew I’d still be unscheduled now, i would have added it right away.

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
The real issue for me was, i actually did not want adaptive steering on my truck to begin with. It’s yet another motor in the steering wheel that will eventually wear out or break. That was the real reason I hesitated to add it when i found out the lack of AS was causing scheduling delays. But in hindsight, if i knew I’d still be unscheduled now, i would have added it right away.
I was in the same boat with the same thought, but I also wanted to save the $
Sponsored