Sponsored

Do you lock in price and offers when ordering?

mrpkb

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Raptor Gen2, F250 Tremor 7.3L, BMW X7, BMW M4
Hey guys!

new here to this forum, I just ordered my truck, a 2022 F150 Limited with the 3.5L.
I have a ton of Ford offers on my name currently and am unsure if those can be locked in at all on top of ie X-Plan when ordering. Ie I’ve got a 2K Ford PCO as well as an additional 3.5K mail PCO, all valid until January. I feel like my dealer is not sharing all the info with me or not really helping me figure out how to get the best price with these.
Maybe someone here has made similar experiences? Wondering if @Granger Ford knows more?

my worry is that by the time of delivery ie 5 months down the road these offers will have expired.

Patrick
Sponsored

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Raptor, 2021 F150
Hey guys!

new here to this forum, I just ordered my truck, a 2022 F150 Limited with the 3.5L.
I have a ton of Ford offers on my name currently and am unsure if those can be locked in at all on top of ie X-Plan when ordering. Ie I’ve got a 2K Ford PCO as well as an additional 3.5K mail PCO, all valid until January. I feel like my dealer is not sharing all the info with me or not really helping me figure out how to get the best price with these.
Maybe someone here has made similar experiences? Wondering if @Granger Ford knows more?

my worry is that by the time of delivery ie 5 months down the road these offers will have expired.

Patrick
This is done automatically for every retail order. at time of sale, you can choose the incentives at time of order, or time of delivery. You can’t mix and match, it’s all or nothing, but still gives you a choice.

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Hey guys!

Patrick
Your dealer has the choice of delivering the truck based on the incentives at the time of order or the time of delivery. That includes PCOs.

OP
OP
mrpkb

mrpkb

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think the dealer left this info conveniently out and despite me pushing on those and sending him the PCO code, he does not seem to want to lock them in at time of order. But that means leaving 5.5k on the table and that’s kinda crazy

Last edited:

JTmass

First Name
Joaquin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Ranger
I think the dealer left this I do conveniently out and despite me pushing on those and sending him the PCO code, he does not seem to want to lock them in at time of order. But that means leaving 5.5k on the table and that’s kinda crazy
Wow, sounds like you need to find another dealer. These days with surprise ADM even on ordered vehicles, I would not buy from a dealer that is vague on price. That means they're gonna screw you when the car shows up months later. If you get mad and walk, they will mark it up and sell it anyway.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mrpkb

mrpkb

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I mean he said he was gonna honor X-Plan + whatever incentives available at the time of delivery, but given I have all the PCOs right now I’d just rather lock in that price now. During these times I find it already incredible that they offer to honor X-Plan. If you look in Illinois area for a truck, everything from XL trim through Limited is marked up 4-6k over MSRP.

rjhedrich

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 corvette, 14 Sierra, 19 MB S
Occupation
COO
Crazy question what a PCO.

OP
OP
mrpkb

mrpkb

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It gets crazier than that. The dealer let me know there’s a 2k PCO in the system for me. In addition I got to mail offers from Ford last week for 1.25k and 3.5k. So that makes a total of 6.75k. Add the current 1k retail cash and you get to 7.75k in offers.
I haven’t read the fine print yet though

Last edited:

dkpag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat - on order...again
What is the expiration date on your PCOs? I am hearing some discussion about changes on November 1st. I also have several PCOs but truck may arrive the first week of November.

OP
OP
mrpkb

mrpkb

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The substantial ones (3.5K and 1.25K) expire in January. They also say they can be combined with other incentives. There's another on attached to my name for 2k, but that expires end of November.

Sponsored

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Crazy question what a PCO.
Stands for Private Cash Offer. It's an incentive direct from Ford (Doesn't come out of the dealer's pocket in any way), people typically get them in the mail or email from Ford marketing. There are all sorts of theories as to how to get them, some have found that if you click around on the website a lot while logged in with your Ford account you're more likely to be targeted for one because they think you're in the market etc etc. They can range in value, usually in the $1k-$3k range though.

OP
OP
mrpkb

mrpkb

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Stands for Private Cash Offer. It's an incentive direct from Ford (Doesn't come out of the dealer's pocket in any way), people typically get them in the mail or email from Ford marketing. There are all sorts of theories as to how to get them, some have found that if you click around on the website a lot while logged in with your Ford account you're more likely to be targeted for one because they think you're in the market etc etc. They can range in value, usually in the $1k-$3k range though.
And typically you find yourself in situations of having them when you don't need them and needing them when you don't have them ;)

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
You can't combine PCO's if somehow you received multiple.
That sounds familiar, when I saw the OP talking about stacking up multiples that sounded odd to me. They stack up with other offers, but I’m sure Ford was smart enough to specify that only one PCP can be used in some fine print.

Poorredman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 501a PB Smoked Quartz
Yes, fine print says it cannot be combined with other private offers....

Ford F-150 Do you lock in price and offers when ordering? Screenshot_20211020-143032_Gallery
Sponsored