Sponsored

Disabling adaptive headlamps with Dynamic Bending Headlights (502A and Up)?

JGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
That is strange i thought 502A and up had it, my window sticker does not have any thing abut it

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Is Glare Free/Adaptive only available in Canada?

JGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
maybe, I am from Canada, will have to get a USA truck to check

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
Is Glare Free/Adaptive only available in Canada?
As far as I know, Yes. The NHTS board has never approved this technology for the US.

Sponsored

Dybalr

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 platinum
As far as I know, Yes. The NHTS board has never approved this technology for the US.
I know the adaptive or dynamic bending is approved in the US, as I have owned vehicles as old as 2012 models with this tech. The glare free I could believe that hasn’t been approved yet. I am after a lighting set up settings photo of an US model 502a and above demonstrating that the adaptive headlights are a thing.

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
My 502a Lariat does not have that item on the settings screen. But I just checked the US configurator again and it clearly says LED Projector with Dynamic bending Headlamps w/ LED Taillamps are part of the 502a Lariat package.

Last edited:

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
I agr
I know the adaptive or dynamic bending is approved in the US, as I have owned vehicles as old as 2012 models with this tech. The glare free I could believe that hasn’t been approved yet. I am after a lighting set up settings photo of an US model 502a and above demonstrating that the adaptive headlights are a thing.
I agree. My last 2 BMWs had bending lights. They were deprogrammed for the US not to have the tunneling features of anti glare. My 21 KR has bending lights.

Chewza

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 AMB Plat PB
Yea my guess is it's our (USA) trash can DOT regulations from the 60's and 70's that prevent us from having all of the cool features.

I too had a BMW that I was able to recode myself to enable the active anti-glare headlights, and I'm hoping and praying that someone figures out how to unlock those features for our trucks.

This article explains why we're stuck in the stone ages...
NHTSA Still Hasn't Ruled on Adaptive Headlights (autoweek.com)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dybalr

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 platinum
I agr

I agree. My last 2 BMWs had bending lights. They were deprogrammed for the US not to have the tunneling features of anti glare. My 21 KR has bending lights.
Can you post a photo of your settings? Does yours look like the Canada version minus the glare free?

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
I have a Lariat 502A, it has the dynamic bending headlights, but there is no setting to turn them off. When you start the truck at night, the lights go through a test routine where the lights move. If you have a Lariat with dual beam, you have dynamic bending, if your Lariat has quad beam, you don’t have dynamic bending.

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
I have a Lariat 502A, it has the dynamic bending headlights, but there is no setting to turn them off. When you start the truck at night, the lights go through a test routine where the lights move. If you have a Lariat with dual beam, you have dynamic bending, if your Lariat has quad beam, you don’t have dynamic bending.
I have no settings to control the headlights

Dybalr

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 platinum
I have the platinum 701a with dual beam. No setting to turn off or on for dynamic bending. When I start the truck in the dark the lights do not do any “routine“ you have a US truck? I’ll let everyone know what the dealer says later today

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
I have the platinum 701a with dual beam. No setting to turn off or on for dynamic bending. When I start the truck in the dark the lights do not do any “routine“ you have a US truck? I’ll let everyone know what the dealer says later today
The routine is very quick, if your truck is facing a wall, it is easy to see. Most of the time I don’t even see it happen. I’m sure you have dynamic bending on your Platinum. From f150 Platinum standard features.
  • Headlamps - LED Projector with Dynamic Bending
Sponsored