Sponsored

Didn't opt for the Tow Mirrors... Alternatives???

Sergman84

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford F-150 XLT 3.5 Ecoboost 4x2
Hey all,

So as the title states, I didn't include the tow mirrors in my build and now I'm sort of thinking if I made the wrong choice.

I have a 21 foot trailer that we'll be towing with the PB and in my old truck I did have some OEM tow mirrors I purchased off Ebay.

I always see Clip-On or mirror extenders for older generation Ford F-150s.

But is there anything like that for Gen14 F-150s yet?

I do like that look of the standard mirrors oppose to the elephant ears so I'd be totally comfortable to use some clip-on type if needed whenever we do tow. We definitely dont camp full time so that's another reason.

Let me know what you've found out there. Maybe Im just too early. maybe I just need to cough up the 700 for some on Ebay...
Sponsored

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster, 2022 F150 Platty

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster, 2022 F150 Platty
Cool... Let us know how they work out.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Can vouch for the Snap n Zap clip over mirrors. I had them on my '17 and used only when towing. The extended mirror only vibrates a little so they are very useable. I read many reviews about the various clip on ones and it seems impossible to get rid of the vibration and if they vibrate your image is blurry. So these are great, they have firm clips and firm foam inside so it makes nice solid contact.

That being said, I LOVE my new truck with tow mirrors! I like the dumbo look as it looks like a superduty and the visible area is awesome.

Arcteryx

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT FX4 Lead Foot Gray
Occupation
Engineer
Just verified the tow mirrors are now available as an accessory through Ford. $750 manual fold, manual telescope with BLIS (Blind Spot), and 360 Camera

Ford F-150 Didn't opt for the Tow Mirrors... Alternatives??? Screenshot_20220321-172133_Chrome
Sponsored