Swapping standard mirrors for tow mirrors with the same options

LHoffmanjr22

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew Powerboost
Like many on here, I talked to the Ford dealership after I bought my truck and found out just how expensive it is to install factory tow mirrors after the truck is built. However....if I was able to find someone who had Tow Mirrors with the same options I have (XLT 302A w/ 360 camera), wouldn't it be possible to just take my standard mirrors off and replace them with the tow mirrors? I'm guessing I might need the dealer to refresh the system to recognize the new parts, but otherwise everything would be there, right?

If that's possible, anyone have thoughts on where I could potentially find someone who might be interested in that swap? Obviously I'd owe them my mirrors and then some, but I'm thinking somewhere out there is someone who bought a truck with tow mirrors from the factory that didn't really want them.
Sponsored

JCU Delt Ox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Raptor
Anything is worth a shot. I'm sure someone bought one off the lot that had tow mirrors that they didn't want, but finding that person will be tough. If only they knew to come here. Since noone has made the swap, there's still unknowns about what other parts or system things you'll need.